1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add On Rib Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682Fan, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

Want to add a higher rib on my Ljutic standard rib. The Ljutic has an adjustable comb.
    Question-will this give me the same result as if the gun was built with a high rib, that is, is will there be a different relationship between stock and barrel on the add-on Vs factory manufactured high rib gun?

Thanks

Arnie

2. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would be the same.

Pat Ireland

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

As long as the add on rib is the same height front to back, it will maintain the same POI as the gun now has-you will have to raise the comb the same added height as the add on rib of course for this. You can also get some add on ribs (KeenSights is good for this) which are machined to either raise or lower the POI if you choose. Additionally, KeenSights makes an add on rib which is adjustable so you can alter POI as you choose. The result of adding on a rib extension is the same as if the factory had installed a rib of that height/configuration. The only real difference would be that the add on rib might be a little heavier (together with the factory rib) than a factory rib of that combined height.

5. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I'm also thinking about getting an add on rib for my XT Top single. I would like it to be adjustable as I like to tinker with all the adjustments Keensights seems to be the one does dave do adjustables also ?

6. vdt

vdt Active Member

i had Keens make me one for my MX-3 tapered and 7/8" high,great work did not change POL.,shot it well but just could not get on comfortable on the stock,but they do great work ,but you no you may take a old horse to water but may be unable to make him drink.....vdt

7. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Terry Jordan has Dave Berlet do his rib and adjustable comb work..I sent an 1100 barrel and stock down to have Dave install a Delrin 1/2" higher rib and cut a comb with longer posts with a soft top, and adjustable butt plate...I've seen Daves work on Terrys guns, and it is very cleanly and professionally done!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.