1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ADD ON RIB HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bill Dougan, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Dougan

Bill Dougan TS Member

Guys just looking for some help on choosing the proper height for an add on rib for my BT- 99. I just had an adjustable butt plate and comb installed on my gun and I am looking at the Adjustable Rib from ADD-A-RIB. Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these new ribs , and if so how do you determine what height size to purchase. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Is your nickname "Goose"? LOL.

That is a hard question to answer. Did you shoot the gun before you added the adjustable comb? If so, and things went well, maybe just move the comb up till you are comfortable, measure the difference, then add the same rib height. Sometimes when you raise the comb your sight alignment changes. So you have to change the "Cast" setting to keep point of impact centered.

I raised my comb up to where is was comfortable (3/8"), and added a temporary wood add on rib (3/8"). Painted it flat black, and taped it to my rib using black electrical tape (Front, Back, and Center). Took off the front bead on the rib, and drilled out a space in the wood rib for the center bead to go in. I used epoxy to add the front bead I had, and used a small dab of epoxy for the center bead. It looked like it was part of the rib. Problem was I could not shoot the gun worth a damn, so I took it off, and moved everything back to where it was. Your results may differ. Plus, the gun did not fit in the Americase anymore.

3. Bill Dougan

Bill Dougan TS Member

Stl Flyn, thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated, I did try using the wood idea, cutting short 3" strips in the dimensions that the ribs come in and tried them out. I settled on the 7/8" as about as high as I would want to go but still not sure if it is correct or not. Just wondering how did you know my nick name it is Goose Knocker? LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.