1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add On Rib for Field Barrel ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does anyone know of a stick on rib that can be glued/taped on to a plain round , field barrel?

Ed Yanchok

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I shot games with a guy who shot a Winchester model 37, he epoxied an aluminum extrusion into the barrel to create a rib which seemed to work for him. I would think with all the adhesives advailable today, you could do the same.

Surfer

3. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I put one on a 20 ga. Wingmaster with automotive grade double sided tape over 3 yrs. ago stiil on tight. Also heard some use black RTV silcone. You can use fishline to remove either one without damage to blue on the barrel.

4. Garb72

Garb72 TS Member

Add-a-rib

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Polychoke used to make a rib that would fit on a plain barrel, dunno if they still do. They are the only one I'm aware of, unless you have someone run a custom one, in which case it would probably cost more than what the gun is worth.

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

take 1/4" wood strip & taper to your poi-paint black and use black auto silicone glue--works great and yes i hunt pheasants with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.