1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Add-On Grip @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Many times a factory stock is made with a very short grip and for guys with large hands this becomes a problem with holding onto the gun. Below is a photo of how we extended the grip on an older Ljutic Mono Gun to help the shooter with a better hand position. We inserted the new grip with the dovetails and then the guys worked the wood down staying out of the checkering so we could minimize the repair and thus the over all cost of the repair. I think it will work fine and the total cost for the job was $ 275.00. Much cheaper than a new stock just to fix the grip.
    Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just couldn't resist a little humor this morning below is a photo from a long time ago and it is Tracie my head stock maker and me just taking time to have a laugh, I am the bigger guy on the right Enjoy

[​IMG]

2. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

This is a great idea and beautiful. Gary Owen

3. chemist

chemist Member

IF YOU re willing to post that photo, both of you must have a "checkered past'

sorry I couldn't resist that one

beautiful work on all of you stocks- shoot with a club member who has one and I drool when I see it up close.

4. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

Not trying to be mean or anything gut you guys remind me of Laurel and Hardy. I mean that in a good way! One day when I can save enough of my lunch money I'm going to have you guys make me the stock of my dreams. Absolutely the BEST there is. Dan.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I like the extension to the grip. I know the dove tail grove are strong and will hold up.
    But I think that a bisect or doll pins would make one clean line.
    Then if you did some checkering it would hide the extension all most 100%.
    It just me and my taste.
    I still like your work and how it was finish up.
    John

6. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

With work this great, have you added wood to raise a comb? There are many very good US sxs that are a pleasure to shoot, but have too low a comb.
    Gary Owen

7. Dennis DeVault

Hello Gary,

Yes I have done that in the past but the problem is always cost to do the repair but we have done it and it works out great. This would be an alternative to an adjustable comb on a hunting gun. Many years ago there was a shooter from Cleveland by the name of Bill Weicamp and he did this to many guns it was called the Willy Wedge but now I am telling my age. So long and short yes we can do that. Thank you for the request and feedback.

Dennis DeVault

8. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

What would be the turn around time for this on my BT 99 Grade III? Thanks. Woody Sullivan Oviedo Fl

9. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Stan and Ollie!!!

Too Funny,

Doc

10. Dennis DeVault

The turn around time now will be three weeks.

Dennis DeVault

11. Dennis DeVault

The cost in Ebony is the same all that you have to watch is the width of the ebony. When the grip cap gets too wide it just doesn't look right. We try to keep the ebony down to 3/8" and under in thickness.

Dennis DeVault

12. BOB WEGRZYN

BOB WEGRZYN Member

Private message sent

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.