1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add Adjustable Comb or Adjustable Butt Plate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bellevue11, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellevue11

Bellevue11 Member

I recently bought a BT-99 conventional. So its the lowest model. I was looking to make it shoot "high" and what would be the better option and what would I be looking at spending?
    Thanks Jake

2. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

You could have the adjustable comb done for around $200.00. That's what I did. Tim

3. high 2

high 2 Member

Adjustable comb to be able to raise point of impact. I don't know what other stock guys charge, my price is $200 plus shipping and insurance. Does the BT99 have a Monte Carlo stock? Larry

4. Bellevue11

Bellevue11 Member

It does not have the Monte Carlo stock. Jake

5. high 2

high 2 Member

One thing that would increase the price for the comb would be if the stock has been hollowed out or a recoil reducer has or had been installed above the stock bolt hole. When this happens you have to fill the hole with a fitted wood piece so you will have enough wood to set the hardware in. Usually a monte carlo will give a little more wood to work with. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call at the shop tomorrow at 580-431-2020. Larry

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

A cheap and easy way of doing it is to put layers of Dr. Scholls moleskin cut into strips and stuck on top of the comb. A 1/8 inch layer should raise your POI by 4 inches at 40 yards. A more elegant option is to use a 1/8 inch Quick stick comb pad by Meadows Industries. FWIW. jm

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If you want a cheaper way all you have to do is raise your eye!!! Any product made that will raise your eye should work as long as you don't have to adj. left or right to keep your eye looking down the barrel. A look at Gamaliel.com website will give you many different choices. If you need the offset than you need a adj. comb. Now a adj. butt plate is for a whole different reason than raising your POI, its more about a more heads up shooting style or plain old gun fit. If you have to raise your shoulder to get the gun to fit??? A adj. butt plate may be helpful to get the gun to fit you better. Good Luck and break em all Jeff

8. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Brownells, a shooting catalogue, has many options that can help you, one,an adjustable butt stock that changes the angle, I know many shooters that have used this with excellent results for what you want, check it out YOURSELF. Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

add adjustable plate to browning

adjustable buttplate raise

bolt hole to high for adjustable comb

can i get more cast with a adjustable comb or an adjustable butt plate

do i need to raise the comb or butt plate

does an adjustable comb add value to a gun

how will a adjustable but plate help shoot high or low

will an adjustable butt plate and adddjustable comb add value to a gun