1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add-A-Rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by D Sassaman, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Sassaman

D Sassaman TS Member

This is my first ever post to this forum.

After having raised a family I am looking to return to shooting trap. I dusted off my Beretta 682 with the stock 29-30” barrel and went out for a test ride. It was wonderful to say the least. I have seen this Add-A-Rib advertised and I was wondering if anyone is using the product and if you really need the higher rib. I had pretty good success with the standard OU setup but I would like to advance my shooting as I progress. Does adding this help or hinder that process?

2. Idahobill

Idahobill Member

Great product can't go wrong I have one on my Bt 99 and works great looks good.I was having problems lifting my head and the higher rib cured it..Bill

3. pakk

pakk Member

I have one on my 682. Keeping my head more upright has improved my scores.

4. Fred Neal

Fred Neal Member

Great company good to work with. I needed to have more of an upright head position and I put the adjustable rib from AddARib on and solved the problem. Call Joe or Ray and they will take care of you.
    Fred

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

One of the things I like about the higher rib is the fact my glasses don't get a smudge from my sweaty shooting glove. I still mount the gun like I did back in my bunker shooting days and having my thumb in a lower position relative to my glasses is a big help. Ron

6. DanBishopmx2008

DanBishopmx2008 TS Member

Hello im from the uk and trying to get hold of the company addarib.com ive emailed but with no reply can anyone tell me if the company is still going by the sounds of it they are any info would be great Dan

7. open choke

open choke TS Member

They are in business. Maybe just fell behind on their emails

8. DanBishopmx2008

DanBishopmx2008 TS Member

ok thanks will wait a see many thanks

9. FernieTrapGuy

FernieTrapGuy TS Member

Ray & Joe are so busy it is best to go old school and call them. 631.319.6959

10. D Sassaman

D Sassaman TS Member

Just wanted to thank everyone for their time and valuable information.

11. bigben

bigben Active Member

D Sassaman, should you be shooting your current set =up well, be advised tha that what ever rib you decide on, you will have to move your comb up to match! add a 1/4 n rib, your commust be raised e same or slightly more, maybe 1/16, etc. ncnerate em!

12. Landshark

Landshark Member

I'll be ordering mine Monday AM.

13. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

D Sassaman.

As someone noted above, if you raise the rib, you will also need to raise the comb the same distance to keep the gun's point of impact (POI).

If you want to shoot with a more naturally erect head and neck posture, what you need is either a higher gun mount on your shoulder or a unit called a pad adjuster. These units lower the whole recoil pad, which allows an upright shooting posture. it has little effect on the level of the eye relative to the rib.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.