1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ADD-A-RIB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ghostriderxt, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostriderxt

ghostriderxt TS Member

I just helped my buddy install a new 1 inch ADD-A-RIB on a Remington 1100 competition trap. This is one of the best aftermarket ribs I have ever seen.
    The whole installation process was straight forward and easy, the instructions were easy to follow. But all this said the best thing about the rib was the price
    $119 for a finely machined piece of billet aluminum. Ray Braun at ADD-A-RIB is very approachable and easy to talk to, and will help you personally with any questions you have. I would recommend this rib to anybody that is looking for an excellent added rib.

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I agree. I saw their link at the top of the page and looked at their Website. Add-a-rib will make an add-on rib for any gun for $119.

Rollin

3. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I like mine.

4. sagedog

sagedog TS Member

I put one on my tm1 worked perfect and so I ordered one for my citori. I'm telling this story to point out how fast there rib sticks to your barrel and what a great guy Ray is. I got the rib for my citori and I deceided to put it on late at night well I messed it up and noticed I did not place it exactly where I wanted it and tried to pull it off. Know way that was coming off and it had only been on an hour. I used fishing line got it off and put it back on the barrel again and clapped it down. The next morning I went out to check the rib it was on solid but in my panic I had placed on wrong again so I called Ray and he is taking care of me and putting new tape on which he did not have to do. This time I will install in the middle of the day when my eyes work better. Great rib great guy to work with.

Thanks Ray
    Tom

5. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Love mine. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

6. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Chuck,
    Is yours from Sps?
    Jimmy

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Is it available in a taper, that is sloping from rear to muzzle for higher POI?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Sorry, Benchrest, but it doesn't work that way. For the rib to raise the poi it must slope down from back to front; to lower the poi it must slope up from back to front.

Ken Rucker

9. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Just for clarification... Chuck's rib is a keensight rib. He pm'd me.
    Jimmy

10. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Ordered my new add-a-rib last week, just before the holiday weekend. The rib arrived this morning (Wednesday). Great service. I've set the add-a-rib on the old BT99 rib and it is an EXACT fit - all the way from front to back (31 inches), suggesting that there isn't any bow in the new rib. It seems to be perfectly machined.

Now, I'm pondering whether to align the front of the add-a-rib with the front of the old one - OR move it back half inch so the vertical posts line up. Moving it back would improve the symmetry from the side, but leave a half inch step at the front. Aligning with the front of the old rib would give a staggered "look" to the vertical ribs, but that "front step" would be eliminated. I don't think either choice would change how the gun points.

I'll echo the comments about Ray Braun - approachable and helpful - and he does what he says he'll do.

Larry

11. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

Just got a 5/8th rib put on my Kolar,from Ray Braun.Looks great,and functions even better. Thanks Ray
    Glenn Z

12. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Has anyone here tried one on a Rem 3200 O/U?

thanks,
    Mark