1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add a Rib to a K80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of having one of the DeVault higher ribs installed on my 30" K80 barrel as a cheap way to get the Krieghoff Pro-Sport effect. I have the factory Krieghoff #6 monte carlo adjustable stock on the gun. Will I have to go to a different stock or will I be able to shoot the gun with the #6 stock ? I will want the gun to pattern 60/40.

Anyone tried a similar high rib add-on ?

Thanks in advance

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Depends on what is acceptable as far as Drop @ Heel to you. You will need to raise your comb approx 1/2" to compensate for the higher rib, so your DAH will be 1/2" lower than it is now. If you want all the stock dimensions to be the same as they are now, you either need a new stock, a pad adjuster jacked way up (looks kinda funny that way), or a PFS.

3. tj303

tj303 Member

I build a new high comb that fits on the same posts for my K-80 when I switched to a high rib (Trap Special). Switch barrels/switch combs. Works like a charm. Spent less than $50. TJ

4. Pat R

Pat R TS Member

I had the DeVault rib added to my 30" K-80 barrel. I have the same stock you have . I raised it up and the results we great. The barrel shoots better now as I see the target with the better "Heads Up" approach. You will not regret the small ammount of money you have invested in the Rib.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.