1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ADD-A-RIB.......any experiences ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K80433SC, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I have been thinking about adding some rib height to my standard K-80. I would like to be able to shoot with my head totally upright, with no downward or forward movement to align the beads. ADD-A-RIB has an advertisement on page 70 of the December 2011 Trap & Field magazine. I was wondering if anyone has tried their products, and would appreciate any feedback on the topic. Thanks.

2. open choke

open choke TS Member

I have one and love it. It makes me see the target faster and also helps me not want to move my head off the stock due to being upright. The tape holds so tight that you can carry the gun by the rib.

The guy who makes the add-a-rib is from Long Island NY I know him and my stock fitter uses all his products for his own and his customers guns including mine.

I have his version of a gracoil, comb hardware, and the add-a-rib.

3. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

My buddies and I have installed three Add A Rib's and one of this companies recoil reducers and all products and service have been top notch. If this were not the case I would not be shy about saying so. The hardest part of every transaction has been trying to decipher those New York accents. It's a small price to pay and I sooooooooo very much like dealing with a company right here in the states that employ Americans......even if they are Yankees.

Having your head upright and not "looking under your eyelids" has made a world of difference for me.

doc

4. old trap shooter

old trap shooter TS Member

Installed a Add-A-Rib to my bt99. Instalation was easy and the tape has held up vary well. Rib has not moved and looks good. Had a chat with the fellow in New York and found him to be helpful and pleasant.
    Jim

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

The lesson I learned, from my experience having "high ribs" put on 3 different barrels, was...first you must determine why you want the higher rib. I was having neck and shoulder pain and was lead to believe that getting my head "up straight" would cure the problem. It didn't. After installing and shooting every recoil device available, from counter coil to RAD, I got a PFS. Problem solved. It wasn't the need for a high rib, it was the need for a good fit and a comfortable shooting position. My standard rib, DT 10, works fine. I put a "Soft-touch" stock on my 390...again, problem solved. If you need to lower your head to get the proper sight picture, and you have good recoil reduction, you should be ok. IMHO.

JON

6. shootnair

shootnair Member

Have one, good people to deal with no complaints with the product. Before I added it to my gun I was breaking numerous 99/100 scores on singles and still am. So, if your thinking it will correct this --it didn't for me.

7. open choke

open choke TS Member

It for sure helped me....

I was only in the mid to upper 70's and now I'm hitting mid to upper 80's and low 90's. In the course of only a couple of months.

My problem was getting to the target too late; now my problem is that I shoot too fast sometimes and miss easy straight-aways but at least I can work on slowing my shot up but I can't make my eyes work faster like before having the rib.

As for what "shootair" said if you are breaking 99/100 before the rib what do you expect to improve after the rib? You are already at a superb high score you can't break 105/100 when 100 is a complete game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.