1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

add a couple of extended choke tubes...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

to the new Franchi Affinity and you have a deadly little 20 gauge skeet and sporting clays gun! I can knock down clays with this thing all day long. Light, nibble and fast handling with very little recoil. Bought it to bird hunt, but it does everything and does it well!

8103962923_fe56a7c6df_b.jpg

2. Rick Myers

Rick Myers TS Member

Been thinking of retiring my 1100 20 and looking for something new. What are differences of the two? Feel,cleaning,recoil etc.

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

FIELD REPORT: Here's what I posted on SGW, for what it's worth...

this will be easy. Today was the first time I shot the gun. Central Penn Sporting Clays, York County, PA. 100 total rounds using two boxes of Remington 7/8 target loads and two boxes of Federal 7/8 target loads. All were #8's. From the very first target to the last, the gun functioned flawlessly. I used the supplied IC choke tube which was totally effective on the course, on every target. I was pulling my own remote control targets and not scoring hits or misses, but I know I broke over 80% of the targets. I'm satisfied with the Affinity 20 and recommend it highly.

Now, regarding the problem of feeding the gun and injuring your thumb, which was reported by a few here at SGW, Randy!! I have no clue what they/he were talking about. No problems feeding the gun what so ever! It was flawless, but maybe had something to do with the ammo I was using.

The gun in black synthetic retails for, I believe $899. I bought the gun locally for $659! A great deal with no regrets.

Some of its major attributes; - quality build - lightweight 5.6 lbs - durable - able to cycle all loads - easy to shoot - lightning quick inertia action - easy maintenance - cost

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

Rick, the biggest difference between an 1100 and the Affinity is, the Affinity ain't no 1100. IMHO, there will never be a gun equal to the 1100. Yes, the new Affinity is new world stuff, but the 1100 stands next to the Auto-5 in it's elegance, class and soft as hell shoot-ability...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

franchi affinity fast handling