1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Cartwright dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Adam Cartwright aka Pernell Roberts is dead. The last of the Cartwright boys to die. Adam, Hoss, Little Joe all gone. Dam that makes me feel old.

They were on tv at a time when there were 3 channels and there was something to watch every night. Now look what we have. Not a damn thing worth watching. I’ll tell you how bad it is - I’m a Hoosier and I’ve got the Michigan/Michigan State basketball game on the telly.

Usually I don’t watch that much tv, but with business so damn bad I’ve got nothing else to do. Look what my 60 or so cable channels are. 4 or 5 food channels with half of them showing some clown trying to eat a 5lb hamburger or a 6 ft across pizza. 5 or 6 home shows, yeah watching some guy hang drywall is real excitement. 3 or 4 shopping networks, a couple music channels that don’t have any music anymore, just 20 something’s whores hopping from bed to bed. 3 or 4 cop murder shows. Then there are the half dozen rich b*tch housewife shows and their multi million dollar problems. And who are some of these people that are suppose to be stars and why would anyone be interested in their life’s? Never heard of em. Another 3 or 4 “red carpet shows” . Could Joan Rivers face be pulled any tighter?

God I miss Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Cheyenne, Roy Rogers, even F Troop. Where did you go Joe DiMaggio ??????????

RIP Adam Cartwright

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I hear ya Bisi, I'm a Hoosier too. Couldn't stand to watch the Michigan game, so I turned to PBS and watched the migration of Monarch butterflies. It wasn't to bad of a show. Turned back to ESPN, watching Kentucky and S. Carolina. Horrible basketball, looks like a cell block championship. Wayne

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

wayneo, I just can't bring myself to watch Kentucky. You got a stronger stomach than I if you can watch em LOL

I wonder if the fat ugly people who repo cars are on tv tonight? Gotta be better than watching the KY Wildcats.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Shootlow,

Her daughters name is Melissa, a fairly common name.

Eric

5. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Gawd, was he still alive? Hoss died in the early 70's. Almost 40 years ago.

EE

6. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Sorry to hear about Adam. A few hours back I was watching an old Bonanza episode
    while I was on the treadmill! Bought the DVD at Walmart for $1.00 , Bisi is right,there is nothing but crap on the TV....Thank God for old DVD's and 50 cent vhs tapes!! Paul in Virginia

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I think the news said he was about 81

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hoss died very young but I don't remember what from.

9. Loyac

Loyac Member

They're all together again...

10. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

later on wasn't he was in a series called -Trapper John M.D.- i think??? dennis

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Parnell was a distant cousin of mine and was born and raised in Waycross, Ga which is nine miles from where I live. I found out by the announcement on the radio. My Mom is 87 year old and has some problem with Dimentia but when the program Bonanza comes on She is sure to say, "That's my cousin." My how times have changed. On some channels Andy Griffith show and Bonanza play almost all day. About the only decent programs left. Jackie B.

12. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Pernell Roberts co-starred with Randolph Scott in what I think was one of Scott's best films-"Ride Lonesome", in 1959. This film also was the first screen appearrence of a young, thin-as-a-rail actor named James Coburn and had Lee Van Cleef as the bad guy. Pernell seemed to be quite comfortable with his Colt Peacemaker and Winchester M92 carbine. You Gentlemen are correct about todays cable TV-999 channels and nothing on.

A great actor and a good man, RIP.

13. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Sad to hear. I just watched an episode of Bonanza this morning.They tried to kill him then he was just to smart for them injuns.

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

When Dan Blocker(Hoss)died there were all kinds of stories about how he died. One was that he slipped and fell in the bathtub. Another was complications from surgery which very may well be the case.

The official cause of death listed for Dan was Pulmonary Embolism. Many of you are saying that these type of shows are not on TV now. Well new episodes you are correct. Reruns the westerns channel is running daily Gunsmoke, Cheyenne, The Virginian, Have Gun Will Travel, Maverick, The good shows still exist.

Bob Lawless

15. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

When I shot the Golden West Grand in 76, we took a day off and drove to Virginia City and up into the mountains.

We visited the ranch house where the series was filmed.

Gorgeous country.

I still have a small tin mug I bought as a sovenir.

Regards....Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adam cartwright