1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ACUI College shooting championship (NSC Texas)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Victoria, TX
    I just wanted to say "Congratulations" to the Lindenwood University College shooting team for winning their 6th straight National Championship this past weekend at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas. I was in town for the 2009 Topperwein Memorial Trapshoot at the San Antonio Gun Club and after shooting the singles event on Saturday, we had enought time, that one of my squad-mates and me drove out to the complex to see some of the events on Saturday afternoon. I have a good friend from our Victoria club that is part of the Lindenwood team and have met a few of his team mates when they came down to visit him and shoot at our club as well. Good bunch of shooters, all of them.

I also congratulate all of the other schools and their participation to helping expand the shooting sports and letting everyone know the positive aspects of guns and the sport involving them, can be done by people of all ages and sexes. It was really refreshing to see this "next generation" of shooters, looking like "tried and true" veterans when it came down to the shoot-offs. Of course, some of these participants are already major players in the skeet, trap and sporting clays venues around the country when not competing for their schools colors.

As an earlier e-mail from Ken Rucker (ruck), I also want to thank him and Vernon Winkleman of Trainer Hale Supply for being there at the Complex for this shoot. It's really a shame more vendors don't see this event for the true potential it has as far as the next generation of adault shooters they will soon be. The potential number of upgrades of shotguns and fitting and tweaking of the ones they are already shooting, should have made this event worth opening up for. I think Ken said the only major companies that were there were Winchester and Remington.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria, Texas
  2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Hey, Mike!! Sorry I missed you on Sat. Vern and I stayed busy, that's for sure! I think my total of emergency repairs was about 13 for the shoot. Most of those were simple gratis jobs just to keep someone in the game. Remington and Winchester were there, but they were only selling shirts,hats and such. I never understand the lack of vendors for the ACUI and Texas 4H championships at the complex. Anyway, I had a good shoot and a good time. Lots of great young shooters to get acquainted with. It's a shame everyone else missed it!!

Ken Rucker
  3. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

Jul 31, 2008
    The ACUI shoot is the cherry on top of a very fun activity year for the VT Clay Target Team. We took 15 of our 55 members to Texas this year and always have fun and enjoy the competition.

Treasurer of the VT Clay Target Team
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.