1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ACTIV reload components

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

maclellan1911:

The internal volume of Activ hulls is larger than most hulls. It's good if you can match Activ wads with Activ hulls. However, loading manuals from about the mid 80's have additional data.

One cautionary note: There were two versions of Activ hulls. They can be distinguished by the size of head stamp lettering.

The first version had a nasty habit of separating about 3/4" above the base. It frequently happened on the second or third loading. It was scary because the wad, shot, and partial hull flew out the barrel much like a slug. Who knows what kind of chamber/barrel pressures were generated or how far the ejeca carried.

The improved (second) version basically eliminated the separation problem.

Unfortunately, I can't remember if the original (bad) hulls had the small or large lettering. Maybe someone with a longer memory than me can comment.

sissy

2. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I still have some original Activ TG-30 Red Wads laying around somewhere, I remember substituting them with the Federal 12S3. Those original activ shells were limited to a maximum of 3-4 reloads because they separated from the base and the rest of it would become lodged in the barrel with serious implications, thus I got rid of all empties, I still have some old reloads with original activ wads but would not dare reload them today.

In case you are interested, I found the Activ TG-30Red available on Ebay, the links is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTIV-Reloading-Wads-12-Gauge-TG-30-Red-500-Count_W0QQitemZ230124598280QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck.

Berettaman7

3. ouch

ouch Member

I have about 3000 TG-30 wads for sale, They about the last ones made. The plastic is NOT red but sort of a yellowish color. E-mail me if interesed. I would like $60.00 for them. Thanks, Richard

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Green Dusters or Downrange XL1 or Jammer XL1 wads work better than the old Activ wads for me. I load them with American Select.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.