1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ACORN making use of their money

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GunDr, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

By buying bolt cutters.

“This is our house now,” said Louis Beverly, ACORN.

And on Thursday afternoon, they literally broke the foreclosure padlock right off the front door and then broke into the house, letting Hanks back in for the first time in months.

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/02/20/this-is-our-house-now-acorn-mob-begins-breaking-into-homes/

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I hope the water and electric are shut off,,,,,,,

But that won't stop the animals,,,they'll use the tub for a urinal,,,

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You have to ask yourself, "If I'm a taxpayer, why am I having to support this crap?"

4. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

A year and a half ago we were looking tohelp my daughter by a condo. OK, Northern California, abott $380,000, Two bedroom, two bath, 900 square feet. We are not rich and that is what they cost. Acorn told her to just lie and get a friend to lie and write a letter that my daughter was getting $1000 a month under the table. The bank would call the writer of the letter and with a vwrbal confirmation (another lie) she could qualify for the loan. A Bank Of ____ loan officer said that that would work. I asked what the IRS would say about the non-reporting of $12,000 in income or payment of taxes by the "employer". Fraud or tax fraud. Obviously we did not take the deal and we co-signed and help pay the mortgage. We need to go after these LIARS and Tax CHEATS. ACORN actively supported my daughter lying and commiting fraud and we give them more money to do it. I can not speak for any of the ohter ACORN people, they may be perfectly above board and competent. I can only speak for what my wife, dauhgter and I actually heard and witnessed. Maybe all of the rest of ACORN did not do this.

Say and Heard it myself,

Mike

5. tachyon

tachyon Member

This story just gets more bizarre by the hour. The home Acorn "liberated" was occupied by an Acorn employee. She bought the house in 2001 for $87,000. She refinanced for $270,000 with a mortgage payment of $1662.00 in 2003 or 2004.

Her <bold>first</bold> foreclosure was in July of 2006. She was behind by $10,600 in payments. She filed for bankruptcy on 6/16/06. The court approved a repayment plan, stopped the foreclosure and allowed her to keep her house.

A second foreclosure was in January 2008. She had not made any payments since September 2007. They discovered that she had tenants living in the basement who were paying her rent. The $300 raise in her payments was to repay the amount she was in arrears on her mortgage. She did not make any additional payments. It took until September 2008 to get her to leave the house.

Now Acorn "liberates" the house as an example to the "predatory" lending companies..... Je ne compre pas.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I did a little more searching on the trouble maker. There's a lot of contradictions, like these...

ACORN website...ACORN leader Donna Hanks, whose home was lost to foreclosure a year ago and still sits vacant in the bank's hands, spoke to camera crews about her experience and why she joined the protest.

"I've moved six times in the last year – and I have a steady, union job," said Hanks. "Families that are losing their jobs are even worse off than I am. That's why I came out today to help working people keep their homes

Baltimore paper----A lot of folks don’t know where to go,” said Donna Hanks, who worked six part-time jobs to keep up with her mortgage, which was carried by Wells Fargo, but ultimately lost her home. “People either commit suicide or go postal.”

Washington Post---There is Donna Hanks, who shows pictures on her cellphone of the padlock the bankers just slapped on her $87,000 Baltimore rowhouse. She was kicked out the day before, failing after several years to meet the $1,600 monthly payments on her salary as a banquet server, which lately has dwindled to $1,200 a month in an ailing economy.

What the hell does she REALLY DO?, Besides draw a wage from ACORN (our tax money).

When when these groups begin to decide that food and transportation is a right and begin walking out of the grocery stores without paying, or deciding that the mortgage is paid on your house and decide to be squatters there.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

That is exactly where we're heading, GunDr. These people feel entitled to EVERYTHING. And they feel one of "their guys" is in power now.

The other night on the NPR marketplace show, they had an interview with some puss who was "commenting" on the moral rage taxpayers feel at having to bail out other peoples' mortgages. He was denouncing it, and saying why it was not morally valid. He actually tried to construct some kind of moral equivalency between leaving someone to die from a traffic accident because they made a driving mistake, and taking away somebody's house and making them move into an apartment because they made a financial mistake and signed up for a mortgage they couldn't pay. He didn't see any difference between the two. His argument was pretty tenuous - but very typical of how too many people think today.

"They" (meaning liberals) are facilitating the conversion of America into a nation full of adults who act like teenagers. Don't take responsibility. It's "not your fault"..."you were victimized by greedy corporations"...and mommy and daddy (Michelle and Barack) there to co-sign the note when you get in trouble.

Our nation's "credit account" is dwindling. The markets will not "let us ride" forever. A lot of people are going to get a rude surprise.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Were any of them arrested for breaking and entering or burglury? Oh, that's right I forgot Obama's peeps are above the law. Breaking and entering with assistance from federal funding. We've turned a new corner folks. By the way, who is the District Attorney that should be pressing charges in that juristiction? If he doesn't prepare charges by middle of next week somebody needs to call for his resignation. If his sucessor doesn't carry out the job, then his resignation also.

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Baltimore police have taken fingerprints at the break-in site and the current owner, William Lane, says he will sue ACORN. The home was sold in June 2008 for $192,000. This morning, ACORN official Louis Beverly will face a burglary charge. Look for the Left to turn him into a martyr.

Shouldn't be to hard to identify the guy, he posted it on youtube.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vRrHZGTdhKw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vRrHZGTdhKw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.