1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ACER AND LENOVO ANY GOOD

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grntitan, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yep, both good computers and given the info of what you use your computer for, either would work just fine. I got my mom an Acer 17" screen laptop recently and much like you she uses it for minor web searches and email. It has been a great laptop and we have had absoulutely no issues.

2. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

The pc division of IBM was purchased by Lenovo.

Dave

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The lenova is an IBM. My friend has one and I have had to strip it down to a bare hard drive and start over twice. ( mostly because of a bug) I think they are both ok, not great but you get what you pay for. I bought a Toshiba Satelite 675 at RC Wiley for $500+ and it has been awesome. It slowed up, I called and told CS that my hard drive was out, they sent me a box to return it in and I had a new one in less than a week

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Some years ago, the US Military would NOT buy Toshiba products because Toshiba sold "silent" propeller technology to the Soviets.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Go to a local computer store and have one built for you you. You'll get twice the computer for the money, without all that extra garbage they put on new computers. They can sell you an operating system and software that you want really cheap. There are a lot of good programs (anti-virus and spy-ware) that are free on the internet.

Wayne

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Twice the computer for the money?- in your dreams maybe.

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I am sure what Wayne meant is that for the same money ... you will get much better components built into your computer, by a local shop.

8. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Another that you may consider is ASUS. My wife recently gave me one (Christmas) seems to be very fast. has the latest processors Intel i5 2410m, 2.5GHz clock speed 4gig mem and 640GB hard drive and in a laptop for about 500.00. Look around, theres lots out there. My previous machine was a Compac now about 6 years old and still runs fine but this one has lots more mem and h-drive storage plus is a lot faster.

Bob

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Maybe, or he might have meant just what he said. LOL

10. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Are you looking for a tower or a laptop??

Micro Center has refurbished Samsung laptops for about $275. Not a bad deal for a well done machine.

You might have to call a specific store to find the refurbed units, but I've bought a few from them and never had a problem.

11. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

We have both, our Acer is a desk top we bought 6 years ago with no issues. The Lenovo is a lap top my wife bought a year ago & thus far no issues with it either. We went with these, as opposed to some of the more major brands that get all the press, due to a local store that sells & services them & provides support locally. No regrets on either machine.

12. lboh

lboh Member

"The pc division of IBM was purchased by Lenovo"

Yes by the Chinese.

You can't find a completely US built PC, but I didn't choose the lenovo when I was in the market based on Chinese ownership.

13. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

My Lenovo 14" laptop broke before the first year. The screen died because of a hinging problem. Repaired,no charges. Use a credit card that gives you an additional 1 yr warrenty after the manufacture warrenty expires. I know American express does this & I buy all my items with that card that I worry about breakdown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.