1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Accidental shootings at 3 gun shows today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Nutso, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nutso

Nutso Member

3 accidental shootings today at gun shows, more fodder for the anti's.
    It's going to be hard to win this battle with jackasses like that. All candidates for the Darwin award.

It's posted on CNN as a headline.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1847879

Stupid stupid stupid people. These are not accidents. These are examples of pure stupidity. These are examples of people who do NOT need a gun.

3. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

first time gun owners most likely

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Anyone what to consider agent provocateurs?

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

Well lets see. We go a long time without an "accident" at any of the shows but now that the push is on there are 3 separate incidents almost at the same time. Are any of you really naive enough to believe that they were just "accidents". The last one that occurred here in Va was also during a push to close down gunshows. An unknown person picked a rifle up from a table had the dealer cut the tie that locked the action and shot a hole in the wall then disappeared. The dealer swore that the rifle had been checked before being put out and tied and had no ammo on his table. I do not believe that these are coincidental nor that they were all accidents.

Just my 2 pennies

--- Chip King ---

6. rustygun

rustygun Member

There have been discharges at gunshows before, they just weren't "newsworthy" at the time.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Are these set ups for Obama?

GB
    DLS

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

It was 3 injured at ONE gunshow. Some dufass was unzipping a gun case that held a shotgun. It went off because someone touched the trigger, two hit by shot and the officer at the check in table hurt his hand. Classis stupidity, not unloading shotgun before putting into case. John

9. jimctrap

jimctrap Member

I believe you got right chipking I have been going to gun show 25 years and never had this happen .i was done on purpose.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The panic stampeded caused by the media, anti-gun politicians and gun grabbers was bound to turn up some idiots.

Back in the 1980's a local sporting goods store manager caught a guy loading cartridges into the chambers of sporting rifles and shotguns on floor display. He was an anti-gunner trying to cause an accident. The cops and DA weren't interested in prosecuting him, so he got off with a warning to never trespass there again. We can only hope he never tried this at <i>other</i> gun shops in the area. At least no accidents were reported.

11. Nutso

Nutso Member

One each in Ohio, Indianna and N Carolina

12. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

nervous panicky people,obama is making them not think straight.

13. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I think I agree with Chipking until other evidence comes to light.....

14. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Had one 2 to 3 weeks ago at Mt. clemens Mich. gun show unloading his REVOLVER at the table to enter the show shot himself in his leg.

Bruce

15. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Unless someone can PROVE otherwise...I'm with Chipking.
    This is waaayyy to coincidental, coming as it does after decades of accident free gun shows all over the country.
    The only other possible explanation might be that our government has created such an intense climate of FEAR in the American people that people who might never have considered buying a firearm....people with little or no experience with firearms...are feeling driven by fear to acquire something, anything, right now in order to be able to protect themselves and their family.
    Pretty sad place to find ourselves isn't it...???

16. illusion

illusion TS Member

1 more for chipking.

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Another with Chips theory. Bulge.

18. Salt

Salt Member

One up for grntitan, I know the idiot in Indy was loading his gun in the parking lot when he shot himself in the hand. Why would he have his hand over the barrel? Obviously he has no business handling a firearm, Just my opinion.

Salt

19. tomc66

tomc66 Member

I bet chipking also believes that man never walked on the moon and that Elvis is still alive.

20. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Every gun show I go to has someone at the front door checking every gun that comes in to see if it is loaded. They don't let the person with the gun do it, a person from the show does it. You should see the jars of ammo they come up with. But, to the point, no one gets in with a loaded gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.