1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Accident at Amherst gun club?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cooper, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper

Cooper TS Member

I was watching the 11:00 news Sat. night and they mentioned there was a shooting at the gun club here in Amherst. This is in Northern Ohio. All they said was the victim was in critical condition. This is a small club that I have shot at a few times and I would like to know what actually happened.
    Any info out there?

Cooper

2. david

david Member

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Another preventable accident. We must be always consious of where our guns are pointing. We must also correct any poor gun handling we observe.

this is just more fodder for the antis and the product liability lawyers.

Joe

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Former Lorain County prosecutor is improving after being shot

Posted by Jesse Tinsley August 24, 2008 18:45PM

Categories: Breaking News

AMHERST TOWNSHIP -- Jonathan Rosenbaum -- Lorain County's former chief criminal prosecutor -- was upgraded from critical to serious condition today, a day after being shot in the back by his son, Aaron Rosenbaum, while the two were skeet shooting at a gun club.

Lorain County Sheriff's Cap. Richard Resendez said today that Aaron Rosenbaum told police he was trying to unjam his shotgun when it accidentally discharged, striking his father in the upper back around noon Saturday at the Sportsmen Gun & Reel Club on Middle Ridge Road in Amherst Township.

Rosenbaum, 53, was first taken to a local hospital and then flown by helicopter to MetroHealth Medical Center.

Aaron Rosenbaum, 23, had just finished shooting at targets when he stepped back and his father stepped forward to begin shooting, Resendez said.

The son was about 8 feet in back of his father when he noticed a shell jammed in the injection chamber his Remington 12-gauge shotgun, Resendez said. When Aaron tried to fix it, the gun went off, he added.

The shooting remains under investigation, even though it appears to have been accidental, Resendez said.

"We have to investigate everything," Resendez said, including a review of the 911 tape of the call made by Aaron Rosenbaum, who stated "I just shot my dad."

As the 911 operator gave instructions to Aaron on how to control the bleeding, Resendez said, Jon Rosenbaum is heard in the background saying, "Aaron, you did it on purpose. And then Aaron says 'no dad, I didn't'."

Then the father is also heard on the tape accusing his son of lying, Resendez said, adding that Aaron Rosenbaum said, "no dad, I'm not."

"We interviewed Jon today and he's confident this is purely an accident," Resendez said. "But our job as law enforcement is to look at this through clear eyes."

5. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Injection chamber? I suppose this was the FI turbo action too?

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I think I'd have to ask the father why he said what he did on the 911 tape too? Hap

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Without hearing how it was said or the tone used there's no way to even guess what the victum meant. Hopefully he'll pull through. But I don't understand how or why he could even have a shell loaded after shooting his turn at skeet as you only load as many as you shoot so he should not of had any shells in the gun too jam. Seems like a lot of accidental shootings at clubs lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.