1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

accepting money via western union?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have a prospective customer in Mexico who would like to send me funds via Western Union for a set of my barrel weights ($60). I know I've seen before that you should never use Western Union to SEND money, but is there any risk to me in receiving it?

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The risk is all on the sender's end.

No risk to you at all accepting WU money, and it is pure commerce from US/Mex and reverse.

Bob

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mexican nationals are very familiar with Western Union, they send money home all the time while working in the states.

the fact it is commonly used is probably why he wants to use it.

Money is money, you don't need to send anything till you have funds in hand.

HM

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Warning from Craig's List:

DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.

NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.

FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Just scam him, if he complains have him meet you at the Ben Avery in Phoenix. Tell him you're a tall gay guy that goes by WPT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.