1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Absolutely WILD turkey pics

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

This is the comment that arrived with the pictures:

I had to go to Harrison (Michigan) this morning and saw this Coke truck

sitting on the side of the road.

When I got close to it I could see what was wrong and turned around to

go make sure the driver was OK; he was fine.

I told him he should get a medal for keeping the truck on the road and not

having a major accident. You'll see why in one of the pictures.

I guess he wanted a little Wild Turkey with his Coke this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow.

3. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

I might have given the turkey the truck!! I have hammered several hawks and owls with my mirrors before though

4. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

A few years ago while driving home at about 10 p.m., I came upon a turkey that had been hit by a car. The poor animal was suffering there in the middle of the road.

The only weapon I had with me that night was an acrylic ice scraper that I used to dispatch the bird. It was not pretty.

I put the bird in my truck, drove home, and immediately contacted the state police to report the mercy killing, and to get permission from a game warden to keep (read "eat") the bird.

I got a bit of run-around that night. The next day, I continued getting the run-around. Finally, I advised the dispatcher that time was running out, and that she basically had until dinnner time to get it sorted.

Apparently the light bulb went on, and she issued me a "tag number" - equivalent to a turkey hunting tag that gave me authorization to eat the bird.

He was delicious!

The next day I received a call from the game warden (who incidentally, didn't make a very positive impression on me). He treated me a bit like a criminal until he realized that I had been issued a tag number from the dispatcher. In any event, even if he had wanted to go overboard, he would have had a tough time retrieving the evidence from my and my family's bellies!

On one other occasion a dove flew into my path, and was wedged into my truck. Another roadkill delight. Yum!

I hope the turkey in the Coke truck photos didn't go to waste. They're fantastic eating.
    jh

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I had a Pigon fly into my passangers open van window almost hit the guy sitting in the passanger seat it hit the steel cage behind feathers every where pulled right over it was dead.

6. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Deep Fried or Baked?

7. steele

steele TS Member

While I was still a trooper with the Pa State Police, I was responding to a serious traffic accident in a remote area. I was driving at a very brisk rate, when I encountered a small flock of turkeys flying across the highway. Well, I hit one with the roof lights on the cruiser. The impact pretty much ripped the light off the roof & caused electrical shorts in the switch box. Total damage $3500+ My Sgt was not happy! Butch from Pgh

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have one of my Mack truck horns in the garage. I hit a Turkey one morning in Western Missouri. It completely sheared off one of two horns on the cab of my truck. Those horns are chrome plated steel and it bent it up pretty good. I pulled over on the shoulder and found the horn. Never did find the Turkey although I had plenty of feathers stuck in the horn.
    [​IMG]

9. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

DID I JUST SEE OBAMA IN THE BACKGROUND THERE/..............

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

On the way to the 2009 Southern Grand, I hit a "flying" turkey on the passengers side window of my motorhome. If my wife would have been with me we surely would have panicked from her scream and rolled the RV in a ditch. I turned around at Woodstock GA on a sat. morning at 8am and drove the 100 miles back home at 35mph while holding my right hand against the passenger side windsheild from caving in completely. I got home and my beautiful wife insisted that I unload the RV, make hotel reservations in New Port Richie and drive the car to the Southern Grand which I did. The "Turkey" story seemed to had made it around Silver Dollar in a matter of a couple days and before you knew it I had strangers come up and tell me about their Turkey adventures or.... laughed their ass's off at me. Gooble, Gooble.....

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.