1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Absence or Presence of Love,

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Jun 12, 2013.

1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Where is the Love, O? We are dealing with a Government that doesn't Love it's people...

If so, what is influencing our Government to not love it's own people?

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Must be Allah and the Koran ... They hate us but accept the social services and money all the while wanting to stick a knife in our backs or cut our throats ... Kill them all, let God (or Allah) sort them out ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. rpeerless

When government takes one thing after another away from its people, rights, possessions, jobs, etc. and imposes limitations the people have to wonder...

4. Mapper

Mapper Member

Peerless, think hubris. "We know what is best for you and we will see that you get it".

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I don't need or want the government to love me. I see the government as a necessay evil not as some paternalistic entity lookig after its hapless and irresponsible children. Provide a strong military to protect us from foreign adventurers and get the hell out of the way. THAT'S my kind of government. I dare say that it is also the government advocated by almost all of the Founders.

Where does it say that the government shall provide cradle to grave protection for the rights (real or imagined) of every citizen and then compound the felony by doing the same for those who are not even citizens?

My Grandparents came to this country not as children but as adults with numerous children of their own to support. They came for an opportunity to work for the things they wanted and needed. Now we hear that illegal immigrants come here only because they want opportunity to work and support their families. While it is true in many cases, I wonder how many would come Would they come if they couldn't get free welfare, healthcare and the like? I rather doubt that we would have an open border issue!

Never before has the name "Uncle Sap" been more appropriately applied. Well, Uncle Sap is broke but won't cut back on his spending. Uncle Sap sells out its own interests so it can remain a beacon to the rest of the world. Well, that beacon is growing mighty dim and won't stay lit much longer, not the way we are using up its resources.

It was in the middle of the last century when America rose to world preemminence and it took a war that killed 50+ million to do that. What America did was noble and selfless - and largey unappreciated! The world questioned, "Why couldn't we do more?" So we appointed ourselves chief peacekeeper and arbiter of rightiousness. We spent our treasure and oceans of American blood because we were told that this was the right thing to do. And who told us that? - the politicians who saw this as a way to find the cushyiest jobs in the world from which they were only rarely fired.

They found other tricks to separate themselves from the rest of us. Instead of being our representatives, they became our superiors. They wrote laws which startes by saying that this law was for all of the people of America - except them. They excempted themselves from laws they told us were so good for Americans but were somehomm not good enough for them. Just to mention two, Social Security and Obamacare.

I can't listen any longer to "Washington is deadlocked". I can't hear that "no one wants to compromise". There is no substantive difference between the parties. They both are corrupt and will both have equal responsiblity for destroying the great American experiment. America as we have known her is doomed and will probably cease to exist as we have known her by the middle of the current century.

I trace this back to the '60s and the Viet Nam war. That was the "great devide". It was the prolog to disaster. the rest will follow naturally.

Sorry for the long post but I am totally fed up by standing idley by while the greatest country in the history of the works disappears. And please don't advocate "doing something" instead of "standing idley by". Remember, the NSA and all of the rest ofm the governments assets are deployed to determine just who you are.

6. rpeerless

Now, the grandchildren of 'old' immigrants who dedicated their lives to the defense and building of this country have difficulty finding jobs and income necessary to create the ability to raise and support families let alone support hobbies.

I am not opposed to good immigration practices but immigration at some point will reach a saturation level based on the industrial needs of the country.

When medical and senior care responsibilites obliterate accumulated wealth from one generation to the next, each generation needs new opportunities to acquire wealth. This is not happening. From the viewpoint of the family member who is dying this is a burden and some believe that sudden death would be a blessing. And now Obamacare is the creative way to take even more out of pocket in the way of increased premiums, out of pocket treatments if available and patient responsibility portions bills.

The phrase "love thy enemies" was not meant to literally "love thy enemies" but to create the thought in a civil society that we love our enemies enough to not kill them in order to arrive at a peace (for however long it may last). A Christian principle balanced along with the command that Christians should destroy evil.

Hopefully and I use that term deliberately, we have a government that Loves its people, but I think we have already been shown otherwise.

This current government seeped in creating and resolving its own scandals, is deaf, dumb and blind when it comes to the security and providing for the conditions for pursuit of happiness of its established people.

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Good post Birdogs