1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

above ground thrower arm height

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigben1, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigben1

bigben1 TS Member

I bought an above ground thrower ( Atlas ), as I live in the country & can shoot anytime. Mounted it on plywood over a oak pallet, can move it with my Bobcat. Set it to throw 9.5' at 30',level to stake, but its not the same. I have the A.T.A. definitive trap field, non pitted trap house layout,but do not see the height from the arm (bird) to the 9'5 height. Any help?? Newbe to A.T.A., hold the smack. Yep, room for motorhomes! ( most are uprange ) Denny

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this installation is for your pleasure, you don't intend to shoot "Registered" targets from it. There are probably more traps mounted with that much or at least close variations in height in relation to #3 pad.
    We just lowered a Pat trap 16" to bring it into compliance and according to Pat it was fine. (Lousy target presentation) I would venture to guess your not off by more then 8 or 9 inches. I'd have fun, just shoot & enjoy, or dig a pit to set your machine in when using if you want to be precise.

Big Jack

3. bigben1

bigben1 TS Member

Thanks guys. Yes BJ, practice only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata definitive trap field