1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? about unsingle and ocer/under barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3200 tony, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

? about unsingle and over/under barrel

My wonderful wife just purchased a Caesar Guerini Maxxum combo for my birthday.

It is obvious that the over/under 32" barrel would be used for doubles.

My question is would you use the 34" unsingle for just handicap and use the over/under also for 16 yard singles or would you use the unsingle for both handicap and 16 yard shooting.

Your input and advise will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Tony Sabatino

2. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Nice wife. Congratulations. Nice gun. Most folks would use the unsingle for everything except doubles. I'm sure there are some people that use the OU for everything, though.

all the best,
    john

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

It would be intended for you to use the the single barrel of any combo for singles and handicap (single bird events) and the O/U barrels for doubles or any game where two shots must or could be taken ( id est DTL, 5 Stand, Sporting, Bunker, Continental), however, there are many who use the O/U barrels for all games quite successfully. It's kinda up to the owner to decide which for what.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Find out where they shoot by shooting at paper of a rest at 13 yards, then use the one - or ones - that shoot a little high and straight right-to-left. Which one (s) that is (are) makes no difference.

Neil

5. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Leo Harrison shoots his O/U for both singles and doubles which are both shot from 16 yds. and uses the single barrel for handicap only.

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

After you do what Neil suggested, see how they swing. In some combos there is a much different feel to the single barrel vis-a-vis the O/U. After a month or so, you may decide you prefer one over the other. At any rate, if you intend to shoot doubles, I've found that occasionally using the O/U for singles improves my doubles scores. My O/U barrels move a tad slower than the unsingle, so I'm supposing using them for singles gets me more used to them. Happy Birthday and enjoy your new gun.

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

With my combo I use the unsingle for handicap and the O/U for doubles. Which bbl/s I use for singles depends mostly on the mood I'm in.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.