1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? about Remington 11-87

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I was wondering if someone could tell me what that Last removeable piece of metal is inside the forearm? It looks like some kind of gas seal. If you pull up a parts picture on Remingtons web side it is part #43a. Would it hurt to use another kind of hard seal in its place if you don't have one? I tried to call Remington on this one but could not get thru. Any help would be appreciated!

2. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I found out it is a gas seal on brownells site. I still wonder if you could use another hard seal in it's place?

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Do you mean part 45A? The formed sheetmetal shield that fits in the inside end of the forend? It's not a seal. It is a gas shield to keep the hot exhaust gasses off of the wood. It is unique to 3" 1187's (1100's and 1187 Super Mags do not have them). And for most 1187's it is needed to properly space the barrel and forend to the receiver. Leaving it out leaves the barrel and forend a loose fit.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Why would you want to replace it? Just curious?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.