1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

about our country

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capulona, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capulona

capulona TS Member

Let it rest Brian. Otherwise I'd think you're a racist.

2. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

There's nothing wrong with Mexican-Americans celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Something against St. Patrick's day too?
    If you're trying to make (or pass along somebody else's) a statement about illegal immigration this isn't the way to go. Yes, there is a great problem with illegal aliens and immigration that needs to be fixed. There is no problem with those who were born here, are here legally, nor is there a problem with the Hispanic culture as they choose to celebrate it. Let's not confuse the issue with rhetoric.
    By the way, half my platoon in 'Nam was made up of non-whites, including Mexican-Americans. Guess whose flag they were fighting for?

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"There is no problem with those who were born here, are here legally, nor is there a problem with the Hispanic culture as they choose to celebrate it."

You would be correct if they weren't stepping all over the rights of the those that aren't allowed to celebrate their own culture.

Bob Lawless

4. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

IMO this post is a candidate for the mod's axe.

5. ivanhoe

Well you know what opinions are like. Need more be said?

Bob Lawless

6. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Indeed, I know what opinions AND racists are like. I celebrate Octoberfest and St. Patty's day. Guess that puts me on your "list" too? C'mon Bob, you can't blame every Hispanic person in this country for immigration problems that are caused and perpetuated by our own government's failure to deal with it. I have a couple good friends who are hard working Hispanics and I believe they'd give me the shirts off their backs if I needed them. And no, the backs of those shirts wouldn't be wet - they are American citizens.

7. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Jcl, did you actually read my posts??? I'm not referring to ILLEGAL immigrants. I'm talking about racist remarks against Hispanic citizens who were BORN here and citizens who immigrated here LEGALLY, who pay taxes and who serve and have served in our military. Do you feel animosity toward these people too??? Too many people feel like it's just fine to throw them all in one bucket. I'm sorry, but I don't think that way. If you do, then I feel pity for you. I am AGAINST illegal immigration and angry that the fed refuses to deal with it effectively. I don't know how to state my position any more clearly. If you and the other poster want to throw rocks at all Hispanics go right ahead. I'm off this post now, I feel like I'm just wearing out my fingers.

8. ivanhoe

"If you and the other poster want to throw rocks at all Hispanics go right ahead. I'm off this post now, I feel like I'm just wearing out my fingers"

Typical give your opinion and then run. You got your say and don't wish to answer for it.

"There's nothing wrong with Mexican-Americans celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Something against St. Patrick's day too?"

Interesting but do you suppose that if these people have a right to celebrate then don't citizens that were born have a right to dress as they wish. Not be thrown in jail, fined or expelled from school for wearing what they choose to wear.

Maybe you think that taking a foreign flag down that shouldn't have up in the first place is an arresting offense. You say you are talking about citizens. You had your say well I for one am talking about non-citizens those that are here illegally. When the Government refuses to enforce the laws of the land then why are loyal Americans punished for doing what should have been done. Maybe it is because of people that decide that the Mexican Americans that were born here can be distingushed from those that weren't. If they are doing the things that the OP was referring to then they are no better than the illegals. If they should be treated any differently than then let the Government enforce the law.

When that happens then I will stand with you and not before. You see I am entitled to my opinion also. All of the trouble that you and others have stated are products of the liberal out look on immigration and the refusal of the government to enforce the Laws. Put the blame where it belongs not where you would like it to be.

Bob Lawless

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Okay, I'll make one more post and that will be enough for me on the subject. We are all in agreement on the subject of illegal immigration. Our laws (including some state laws) and the enforcement of those laws that would help solve the issue suck - as does the failure of Obamanation to create and pass new laws (for fear of losing all those Hispanic democrat votes). On this, it appears we all agree.
    My problem was with the original post (which has fortunately been deleted) which was not "original" by the poster. It was cut/pasted from an email that has been flying around for six months now (I received it about four months ago). The story in the email is incomplete and intended to be inflammatory in nature.
    Yes, it did happen. Five boys banded together to wear flag shirts to school on Cinco de Mayo last year - not to be patriotic, but to "protest" against CdM and cause turmoil. For safety, the school administrator asked them to return home and change. Was it the right thing to do? I can't answer that, but it might have resulted in injury to some of the kids otherwise. Were their rights to free speech violated? I think the courts would agree that they were. My point here is that it was a localized situation, a judgement call (for which school officials have apologized), and someone turned it into an inflammatory email that leaves out the facts and has been spread all over the country as an example of how citizen rights are being stepped all over by "illegal aliens." I hardly find that to be the case, and these types of emails serve to do nothing but inflame the public by hiding the whole story. People read it and, before checking it out, get pissed off at Hispanics and spread it around even more. The author of the original email (not necessarily the poster) is simply racist and spreading his hate. I don't believe everything that comes to me in email or over the net. I hope I have explained myself. Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.