1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? about baffles between traps

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KW post 5, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

Looking for people who have shot where baffles are between houses pros and cons if they work or if they distract.Trying to improve our club.Thanks Kevin Wunder

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

FWIW, I shoot at a facility with overlay fields (trap & skeet on the same field). There are concrete walls running from the 30 yd line to past the trap houses on both sides. Maybe I'm used to that setup but I love the "isolation" from other fields that it provides.

Eric

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We have overlay fields too with fences between. It makes the voice pullers work much better than I have seen at other clubs, where adjoining handicap squads can make false pulls.

A bit of advice here:

Unfortunately we put the trap houses in the line of flight of the skeet targets, and any wind at all makes the targets hop around like nuts.

If I had the choice I would set up the skeet walk on the 16 or 27 yard line instead of the 20 as we did.

Trap with overlay fields is a little better as stated because the fences eliminate distraction to a degree.

HM

4. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

Mixer how high was the concrete

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

KW post 5,

Not sure exactly but 8-9 ft seems about right.

Eric

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

The baffles will spoil you. We have baffles on our fields because they are overlay trap and skeet and the first time I shot on an open field I paniced and would not shoot when the trapper ran forward to fill the house on the bank beside us (I was on post 5).

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.