1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Abortions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ricks1, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Seems that many on here are against Abortions . That fine feel as you may . The fact is if it was a lot cheaper there would not be as many of the people you want to see dead now . I for one want it like Micky Ds , Drive in and Get ER Done There also would not be Mr o up there. You fill this one up but IT is the RIGHT TO CHOICE and I choose to get rid of them

2. TC

TC TS Member

What I don't understand is that some people think they want to control what to do regarding my 14 year old daughters' challenges but don't want me controlling what they do with their wives and daughters. This is all very personal and should be dealth with according to ones faith and beliefs. It is not anyone else's business!

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

The problem is that there is no one to speak for the un-born and his rights. Once upon a time our esteamed Supreme court ruled as an aside, that the Negro was a subordinate class of being who had no rights a white man was obligated to observe and that they were not considered "people" under the constitution. This of course was dead wrong. No human is the property of another. We don't measure humanity by potential. It either is or is not. A child in the womb is genetically human and thus embued with all the natural rights of humans including "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" To kill these unborn is murder, plain and simple. To kill those who are helpless as a matter of convenience is damnable.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Something to ponder, if you murder a pregnant woman you will be charged with 2 murders

So why is abortion not murder?

Live by the ten.

last count I seen was we have over 160,000 laws to enforce those 10!

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We will never come together on this subject. It comes down to how you view human life. From the beginning of humanity there have been those who would choose to kill unwanted babies. Infanticide has been practiced in primitive cultures for hundreds of thousands of years. From their point of view if it makes their life easier the kid has to go. The only difference between them and us is with modern abortion procedures you can kill the infant at an earlier stage in it's development. No real difference. Then there are those that believe that human life is sacred and special and should not be killed for convenience. I fall into that camp. I can never understand how someone can kill another human being for convenience. I couldn't even abort puppies much less humans. To someone that is proabortion they see it as meddling in the affairs of others by passing a law against it. But to someone that sees human life as special there is no difference between outlawing the killing of a baby right before it is born and the killing of it right after it is born. Either way a human life has ended. The baby is no more alive out of the womb than in it. It is just as dead whether killed in the womb or right after it is born. The two sides will never agree.

6. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

The argument is when does life start. The answer is looked at differently from the pro choice and pro life groups. People believe what they believe on this and there is no amount of discussion that will change their opinion.

IMO- It's not issue but the demand for abortions that needs to be addressed in this country.

Joe

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

There is no argument when life starts. Everyone knows in their heart that human life begins in the embryonic stage when human cells start replicating themselves. It can't even be argued from a scientific point of view leaving all morality out of it. Many abortions take place when there is already a beating heart. Nobody really believes it is not alive and that it is human. They convince themselves that it isn't so their own conscience doesn't bother them if they have a conscience. There are many that could dump the baby in a dumpster right after it is born with no guilt whatsoever. Some just don't want to be bothered with a baby. Too demanding. I wish they would have thought about that before they became pregnant. But if you are selfish enough to have an abortion you are selfish enough to have unproteced sex.

8. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

AMEN timberfaller!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

1. If your wife does not ever want an abortion, she is free not to have one.

2. If your daughter or granddaughter does not ever want an abortion, she is free not to have one.

3. But, if your wife, daughter or granddaughter wants one, it is her decision alone, not mine, yours or some politician's. She is free to consult with whomever, but it is her decision.

4. And if you think the decision is ever easily made, you need to talk to your wife, daughter or granddaughter.

Some on this site have an unnatural interest in governing women's lives and rights.

10. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rapists should not be allowed to propagate. No child should be born from that curcumstance unless the mother chooses. Also laws are for people, the embryo
    has no name, address, SS# etc. All that is given to he or she after they are born and recognized as being alive. Dave T.

11. 100straight

100straight Member

The easy answer to when life begins is to ask this question: "If YOU had been aborted, at ANY point in your growth, would you be alive today?" If the answer is "no," then it is obvious you were alive ever since conception. You can try to dismiss this, but it is still true.

ricks1; said, "IT is the RIGHT TO CHOICE and I choose to get rid of them."

Same thing Adolph Hitler said about the Jews. In the end, we know it was NOT the right choice.

CharlesR1100; said "Some on this site have an unnatural interest in governing women's lives and rights."

I have no interest in governing women's lives, but I have a great interest in preserving the lives of their children and helping the women avoid a decision they will regret for the rest of their life.

For years I worked in a position where I counseled hundreds of women who had abortions in the past. EVERY woman I have spoken to that is 10 years or more out from the abortion, and 98% of those more than 2 years out, have some level of psychological damage from what they have done. I have yet to speak to a single woman who felt the abortion was the right choice 5 years after the fact. They ALL have nightmares of the child they aborted, and usually say they think about it DAILY. The abortion may seem right to the woman at the time, but it damages them seriously. None of you should wish that on any woman.

Mark.

12. Damifino

Damifino Member

It all comes down to one question really... Does this baby have a soul?

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I really resent people that think that as a father you have no rights to a child that is genetically half mine. Those same people have no problem demanding child support for 18 years. I have to conclude that most men do not care much about their children or our society would not be the way it is. If women were treated this bad they would be marching in the street by the thousands but the majority of men don't care. I cannot even legally stop my own wife from aborting a baby that is half mine. When a man gets divorced, whether or not he wants one, he is relegated to seeing his own child a couple of times a month more like an Uncle than a father. I put as much time into my children as my wife did. I changed as many diapers and I got up at night and fed them. I drove them around taking them to events, I helped with their homework, I took them to church. I have spent as much time and money as she has and I resent the hell out of people telling me that I am not as much of a parent as she is. These left-wingers that want to strip me of my rights as a father also want to strip me and my wife of our rights as parents making it legal for a young girl to get an abortion without parental consent. Allowing a girl that is not even old enough to fully understand what she is doing to kill her unborn child. It would be great if liberals really believed in live and let live. The reality liberals are the ones that want control. That is the very thing that modern liberalism is based on. Government control. In all aspects of our lives.

14. bocephus

bocephus Member

Uh oh, I can hear bob lawless hammering on his keyboard............

15. drh08

drh08 TS Member

With regards to abortion, I then pose this question.

A child in the womb cannot survive on it's own ( yes at some point it can I get that). However it honestly takes over the host body ( MOM) and takes what it needs to survive. Actually is amazing how it cons mom's body into providing what it need. So if we don't talk about when life begins and say it begins at conception, you have the next question

Can a mother be forced to be a host and supply what the baby needs until it can survive on it's own, if she doesn't want to be a host for a baby.

I find that question way more interesting than when life begins. Does society have the rite to force someone into providing "a services" that they don't want to supply.

No fair saying they shouldn't have gotten pregnate either.

16. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

"Does society have the right to force someone into services that they don't want to supply". That is the basis for all of liberalism. That is the basis of the Democrat Party.

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

bocephus

"Uh oh, I can hear bob lawless hammering on his keyboard............"

Bo I have nothing to say about the politics of abortion or who makes the policies on those politics.

All I have ever said is if parents spent more time teaching their sons about the atrocities of abortion there would be very little need for the senseless killing of the DR.(also human lives)who perform those abortions. However they don't little boys can do what ever they wish with no consequences.

As highflyer so aptly proved in the other thread about the killing of the abortion Dr. in Kansas.

Bob Lawless

18. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I saw his picture last night on the news. He was one of only three doctors in the country that did late term abortions (which Obama is in favor of). It did kind of remind me of the pictures of the Nazis that ran the extermination camps. A lot of blood on his hands and the people that supported him.

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

highflyer

"I saw his picture last night on the news."

"It did kind of remind me of the pictures of the Nazis that ran the extermination camps.

You mean this picture

[​IMG]

Ya a real monster he is real menacing.

Bob Lawless

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

CharlesR1100 is right-on. Who am I, or anyone else to tell someone else what they can or cannot do with their body. I think we are far better off staying out of each others personal lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.