1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ABC poll on gun control

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Obs, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obs

Obs TS Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_go_co/virginia_tech_gun_control_14

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

After voting (no), here are the latest results:

No. 55,843

Yes. 21,615

I'm not sure. I need more information. 1,622

Total Vote: 79,080

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Negatives continue to gain distance....Bob Dodd

4. oldcop

oldcop Member

Reckon this poll might suddenly disappear like a pork chop at a Weight-watchers meeting?

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

either that or the lefties will pad the livin' hell out of it soon.

6. thespan

thespan TS Member

Fellow Shooters,

As horrifying as this tragedy is, I still find myself more and more concerned about the outcome of events, should our government actually attempt to confiscate our firearms.

I don't want to live in denial, and assume that such an attempt will never happen.

On the other hand, I fear that should such actions come to pass, then the response by the legitimate, law-abiding firearms owners could be tantemount to a revolutionary uprising.

Not a pleasant prospect.

I continue to pray to the High King of Heaven, Jesus our Messiah, for His glory and honor to somehow be revealed in this utter mess.

Blessings to all,

Peter Greenspan

7. ONE EYE

ONE EYE TS Member

Check your history...........It ain't the worst..I think it was in 1919 or 1920 some A-hole went bonkers at a college campus and killed about 55 and wounded a bunch more.

8. ONE EYE

ONE EYE TS Member

What you are seeing people is Diversity......It comes from open borders.

9. 700X-user

700X-user Member

NO 60,820
    YES 22,356
    I Don't Know 1,663

Votes 84,839

Ed

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Thomas Jefferson once said that to keep a country in order, there must be a Revolutionary Uprising by it's citizens every 100 years. I think that THIS video by Penn & Teller, is something that should be shown to all of the liberal type in our government system (maybe a little better language though). It explains a lot, and makes a lot of good points about how gun control is completely pointless...

By the way, the video has some strong language in it...

-Jollytrapshooter

11. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Jim, follow the link and in the blue box down the page, see VOTE.

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

71% do not think more gun controll is the ansewer....

Interesting, but then again this poll was not sientific in nature.....

Ronbo

13. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Just went to site and voted. It is located just below the top of the page on the left half of the page in small type. Look for the word vote in bold type. There are 2 listed, 1 for the gun issue and the 2nd for campus security. No vote was 62,441, yes 22,687, keep them coming. Just wonder if ABC will even post results on TV if they don't get the outcome they want?????? If there ever was a time for more people to join NRA it is NOW!

John

14. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

The "Drive By" media uses polls to make news. If the results do not fit their view or spin then a new poll with a different question will be generated.

15. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

The school was warned NUMEROUS times this guy was troubled, depressed, stalking, fire bombing, sick author: the SCHOOL refused to take action!!! Why was the school not locked down, or evacuated after the first shooting? Blame the gun. As gun owners I suggest we broadcast our fact filled agenda. Word of mouth has always been the best tool. Yes, I voted (NO)on the ABC poll.

16. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll say this for the poll; I just considered whether a person could vote multiple times and found the link evidently put a cookie in the 'puter so I'm not permitted to vote twice - it just gave me the results to the moment....Bob Dodd

17. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

No votes close to 82,000 now!!!!!!!!

Danny

18. roper

roper TS Member

Do you think this incident is a reason to pass stricter gun control legislation?

No. Violent shootings are isolated incidents and it's irresponsible to link them to gun control.
    Yes. This shows the violence that can occur when someone has access to handguns.25,843
    I'm not sure. I need more information.1,934
    Total Vote: 110,099

ROPA

19. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I find the phrasing of the questions very illustrative of how the media utilizes these "Polls" to create news.

Why not a simple "Do you believe more gun control laws would have prevented this tragedy?"

or "Do you believe that this tragedy occurred even with gun laws already in place that were meant to prevent it?"

20. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

1:45 P M PDST No--83,163 Yes--25,886 IDK---1942 Tot.--110,991

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.