1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ABC ban's flag pins

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chessney, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chessney

chessney TS Member

I checked it out on snopes, it's true
    ?It is amazing that ABC would forbid their employees showing patriotism by wearing our colors.? Colors are for country, not government.
    ??ABC News?Bans?Flag Lapel Pins??Yesterday, the brass at?ABC News?issued orders forbidding reporters to wear lapel pin America n flags or other patriotic insignia. Their reasoning was that ABC should remain neutral about 'causes'.Since when is support for preventing our death & destruction some sort of a 'cause'? Since when is patriotism to be discouraged. I urge you to boycott ABC and its sponsors and affiliates.We're slowly losing everything our country stands for, and everything our men and women fought and died to preserve.Please forward this to as many as you can.? You can verify it by going to:http://www.snopes.com/rumors/noflags.aspThis one needs to get out if it hasn't already...

<a href="http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/chessney1234/?action=view&current=12185950941280.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If this arm of the MSM was not in bed with Obama, would they still ban these pins?

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Why? Ratings.

4. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I'd imagine it's a Security issue. Unfortunately we share a world with people who would like to hurt ANY American citizen. ADVERTISING your from the USA, especially overseas, could result in an assault or a kidnapping. I don't blame them.

FN in MT

5. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

A security issue huh? For me I would proudly wear the pin and if someone doesn't like it we can go out back and work it out. I will never stand down for what’s right even if it means an A$$ whoopin!

FN in MT, no disrespect but maybe you should go ahead and give up your guns now before someone challenges you?

I'm from the USA and proud of it - tell eveyone I said so...

KK

6. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

KK,

Simply adding a possible reason WHY the pins were not being worn. I was not taking any political stand or making any statement.

And I did take Your comment as disrespectful. You know nothing about me or my views.

FN in MT

7. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

FN in MT,

My apologies but I get pretty fired up when I hear about folks backing down from advertising they are from the USA. We ALL should advertise who we really are and standup for our country, that's what our boys in Iraq are doing now...

You are right, I do know a thing about your views and if you are offended I am sorry. I have had it with all this political correctness and all. We are Americans and we should be proud and never be afraid to tell the world who and what we are. Tell it like it is.

Now let’s please be friends and move on..

KK

8. melie

melie Guest

Remember,even mighty Rome rotted from within.

9. Juno

Juno TS Member

I posted this yesterday on another thread as someone had inquired about it. Kind of ironic.<br><br> Singer Toby Keith speaks out on ABC censorship

By Brian Mansfield, special for USA TODAY

By Robert Deutsch, USA TODAY Country singer Toby Keith has some choice words for Peter Jennings. Toby Keith says the producer of an ABC 4th of July TV special rescinded an offer to have the country singer perform his current hit after the show's host, World News Tonight anchor Peter Jennings, heard the song and vetoed it.

The single, Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American), is an outpouring of grief, anger and frustration Keith wrote in the wake of Sept. 11 and the earlier death of his father. The controversial, patriotic song tells of a veteran who lost his eye in a combat training mission and also features a number of confrontational verses.

Lyrics from Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American) This big dog will fight

When you rattle his cage

And you'll be sorry that you messed with

The U.S. of A

'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass

It's the American way

"I find it interesting that he's not from the U.S.," Keith says of Jennings, who is Canadian. "I bet Dan Rather'd let me do it on his special."

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

was not a patriotism issue at all...they just were looking out for thier employees safety knowing the flag pin was just like having a big bullseye painted on thier foreheads

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I remember sometime in school we learned about how when and where to fly flags. I do remeber something about display of another countrys flag in another country. If I remember right it is disrepectful to fly foriegn flag solo on foriegn ground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.