1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA's, Gunclubs the same?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by droptine, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droptine

droptine TS Member

AA

A friend told me that AA's and Gun clubs reload exactly the same. I have never loaded anything but AA's. Just wanted a few more opinions. Also, in the reloading guides they show a Remington Unibody Sp plastic case. Is that a Gun club? Thanks for your help.

Eric

2. nevin

nevin TS Member

I reload AA's and use green gun clubs once and awhile with no noticeable difference, they seem to hold up a little better.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There is for the most part, no difference but I would not substitute if loading at the top end of the scale pressure wise. At that point I follow published loads exactly.

HM

4. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

One can use the same components but the data is a tick different......Roger

5. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I would follow halfmile's advice. 10tenner

6. guido

guido Member

The Gun Clubs load the same but they are not the same hull. AA's, STS, Nitro Gold are all brass base hulls. Gun Clubs are steel base and will not resize as well. If you use them all the time they will leave a ring in the first part of the chamber. I hope I said all that right.

GUIDO

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

They are not the same. The GC or STS hull has a bit more internal volume and a slightly longer fired length. What this means to the reloader is that some adjustment will need to be made to the crimp starter when switching between the two types and the combination of components that exactly fill a GC/STS hull will be too much in the AA hull and you will have problems getting the crimp to stay closed.

Segregate them and use the GC/STS hulls for one type of load and the AA hulls for another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.