1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AARP

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Trab, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trab

Trab TS Member

Which political party does AARP predominantly support ?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Not Republican! And very anti-gun!

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You get a nice discount when you buy a new car. HMB

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

As a shooter and gun owner, you need to be aware that AARP donates several million dollars a year to various gun control groups and strongly supports gun control and confiscation efforts wherever possible. AARP membeship dues in action.

5. Trab

Trab TS Member

As an American I an very much aware of AARP's anti-American voting record. You made my point, their millions have supported a regime that is on the fast track to their demise called Socialized Medicine(Euthanasia). barry and the demorats are experts in the "Warm Water Theory" the water is boiling now!

6. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Their benefits may be quite good, however, I refuse to pay to join their
    outfit strictly because of their anti-gun agenda. Can't see letting someone
    use my money against what I believe in. HMMM, I guess that is what my tax
    dollars are doing now come to think of it! Colonel

7. DJM

DJM Member

Yet one more special interest elbowing their way to the public trough.

8. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

A few years ago AARP posted an article about the need for sensible gun restrictions to do the following (list not complete..my memory is not perfect), keep children from buying handguns, get "automatic" assault rifles off the streets by making them illegal, and to make the seniors able to venture out of their homes instead of having to cower behind their doors.

I responded with a letter refuting all their claims as all were bogus.."children" can't legally buy guns, full auto guns are already closely regulated, and that if seniors would take some simple training and buy a shotgun or suitable handgun, they might not have to "cower" behind their doors..

I waited six months for a response and finally called. Their response, over the phone, was that my thoughts ran counter to their editorial policies.

Since then my thought has been, they can KMA.

9. warren

warren Member

I also resent not being able to get a senior discount unless you are a member. Does AARP give some sort of rebait. I recently rented a car and was told I couldn't get a senior discount unless I gave them my AARP number which I don't have, I bitterly complained to no avail.

warren

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Id love to know how much they spend on postage a year. Do they get it free???

Do like I do. I put up the garage door on the way to the mailbox. By the time I get back to the garage I have it sorted. Their trash as well as Globe and Monumental Life trash goes right in the can.

It never gets inside.

Regards...Gerald

11. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Id love to know how much they spend on postage a year. Do they get it free???

Do like I do. I put up the garage door on the way to the mailbox. By the time I get back to the garage I have it sorted. Their trash as well as Globe and Monumental Life trash goes right in the can.

It never gets inside.

Regards...Gerald

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    AARP IS ANTI-GUN<br>
    <br>
    That is all. Carry on.

13. WWB

WWB Member

I also quit AARP yrs ago. along with their rip off auto/home insurance thru Hartford.......
    I have never been asked for an AARP #--just get asked if I am a senior and I say Yep. Competition is stiff enough right now that hotels, car rentals etc won't or don't bother asking.
    I also wrote and asked for a phone call to discuss their stance on certain issue's........never heard a word.
    So, now I follow advice I got on this site.......I open their mail--load it with all the junk in the envelope plus junk from others and mail it back to them. It's a shame------the GREY PANTHERS in this country need a larger and more unified voice.
    Bill

14. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They are like a parasite that feeds on old people. They are a political organization in disguise with little concern for the elderly, except that there be enough of them to feed on. They resist any government programs/regulations that would interfere with them "selling" the old folks the same stuff they can get elsewhere. United Health Care offers most of the same stuff for the same price, WITHOUT the AARP brand on it. Do a little research and you can cut them out of the equation and still get what you need.

15. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Anti-Gun

16. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Quack Shot got it right.
    AARP is a business with a leftist political agenda preying on the seniors.
    Scew em!
    Dave

17. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

One would have to look in to the bylaws of AARP to see if the membrship can have any say. I say if you have a say propose a new progun slate for the next board ellections.

18. jimsw

jimsw Member

The AARP besides being anti gun has a very curious history. Basically it became the marketing arm of the Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company. Their main objective was to sell insurance to retired people. You may recall at one time social security payments were non taxable. The AARP supported the Clinton administrations program to tax 85% of social security payments, which is now the case. They are an organization that is working against the best interests of gun owners and retirees. Forget them!

19. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I hate to admit it but I have a membership in AARP & the NRA. I email the AARP on their anti-gun position. Most recently, when Obama talks about Medicare reform, where is the AARP? They know that the seniors would suffer and if a Republican would mention reform, they would come down on him or her with all their might. These people are hypocrites. BT-100dc

20. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

BT-100dc

I'd guess that the AARP would be waiting in the wings to provide an alternative to Socialized Medicine for Seniors, AT a significant cost, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.