1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AARP follow up. membership cancellation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Follow up from last thread on AARP. Cancelled my mebership approx. 1 month ago and asked for a refund(wife paid for 3 years). The refund never came and the AARP never verified my cancellation as I requested. Approx. 8-21 I contacted them by phone and they assured me that the process was started and I would be getting a refund shortly. I called today and was told the request for a refund was initiated on 8-28 and I would get a check in 4 to 6 weeks. When I asked what the hold up was I was informed they had thousands of cancellations and requests for refunds. I guess this health care uproar is having some far reaching complications.
    There is an alternative to the AARP. The American Seniors Association. From my questions to them they do not take political sides. No problems with the second amendment or any other amendments and they stated they support the Constitution as it stands. Got to find out more info about them. Bulge.

PS: AARP verified they had over 60,000 cancellations.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Just cancelled mine too. Maybe they can apply for a bail out.

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I think you have to be 65 to join the American Seniors but I could be wrong, looks like a good organization. I never joined AARP and never will, been trying to educate people about them for years, now some of them wish they had listened.

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I tried the AARP about 5 years ago for 1 year. I immediately started receiving a lot of junk mail, mostly "deals" on some type of insurance. I became disappointed and did not renew my membership.

I can't see much difference between the AARP and the quickie all risk insurance companies that beat you to death with advertisements and TV commercials.

With its support of the Democratic health care plan and anti-gun stance, the AARP, to me, has become an organization to be avoided.

I wonder what the compensation structure of the AARP top dogs looks like?

Ed Ward

5. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Why do you need any kind of association? Aren't we capable of making our own decisions? I don't believe in joining anything, though I did join the ATA. LOL

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

They been bothering me since I turned 50, four years now!

I just open their letter, stuff it back into their pre-paid envlope with a note stated that when they start defending American values I might reconsider.

I remind them about their support of politians who vote against the Constitution!

7. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

$$$ is the only way to change things..hit there pocketbook!!!

8. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

I quit several years ago. They have been anti gun forever.
    Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

After a couple of years stuffing the prepaid envelopes, they quit sending me trash.

I even added extra weight so it would cost them double.

Curt

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They don't have members, they have "suckers". They look at their membership as captive "victims" and "customers". What's good for their members hurts their business. They are NOT your friend.

11. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

Ditch the AARP membership, You can get most of the same benefits from the NRA and they SUPPORT your interests.

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I canceled mine three years ago.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Doesn't anyone check whether the group they want to join or belong to is anti-gun?

14. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

EE

I checked and never joined. No problem about someone joining, as long as they see the light and change their ways. Sort of like converting an anti-gunner.

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I think a lot joined when family and friends enrolled them on their 50th birthday as kind of a joke.

Don

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

EE, i bought their ads. I beleived they were doing good thing for us seniors. They are not they are doing things for their own benefit. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.