1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AARP Facts Please

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by SI, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SI

SI TS Member

Fellow trapshooters. As wiith many of you, I to am unhappy with the stance that AARP has taken in regard to proposed legislation on health care. My question is this, What facts exist on AARP's stance on gun control? I have read many comments suggesting that they are anti-gun, can someone give me true examples of this. If it helps, I too have cancelled my membership. Guess I am looking for another reason that I was right.

Dan

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

If you need more reason, AARP has, over the past few years, donated several million dollars to such anti-gun organizations as HCI (Handgun Control, Inc) and others whose avowed agendas are to eliminate private ownership of firearms. These are members dues being used for political purposes of the AARP leadership, without consulting the membership on whether they approve of such use of membership funds. That alone should be enough for all shooters to leave AARP, if they still belong. Their support for Obamacare simply adds one more marxist cause to the AARP list of supported "causes".

Jim R

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Dan, go to the attached Website URL for an eye opener. You will also get an idea of how Obamacare might effect your gun rights and student education. Just start lining up the dominos.

Robert

4. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

AARP is also making phone calls in support of Obama care and mailing out petitions adressed to your congressman and Senators.

They are not the advocate for the elderly ,they appear.

ed.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Dan, I went round and round with AARP the moment I turned 50, then 55, and again at 60 before they gave up on me. I made it clear I couldn't be a member of any organization that worked against the 2nd amendment rights of all lawful citizens. Their answers were always circular and negative without ever answering the simple question, "Why would you intentionally take a political stand against a constitutional amendment and thereby alienate any group of people that you are trying to recruit?" They quoted their alleged studies and polls but would never answer that question and I've never spoken to a single soul that contributed to any such poll. They clearly confirmed to me that they would stand tall against gun ownership in the general population......Bob Dodd

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I joined because when I turned 50 it was free for 5 years and you also got 10% discounts on lots of things. Now evertone has discounts and AARP wants money to stay signed up. I'm not.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

EE, do you think that wonderful organization is really a scam???? LOL

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They have taken a position for gun control. Here's a url for one side of it. This article is about five years old and the only thing that changed was that a rep from AARP appeared on the show in response to the Obama Care issue.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140986,00.html

Here's the url for AARP themselves. I would suggest that you call and ask them yourself. That way you can get their side of the story. They have a lot of information recources available here. Most importantly is the phone number.

http://www.aarp.org/aarp/About_AARP/contact_aarp/#60200_60200Solo

Another good idea would be to google aarp with various terms, and see what pops up.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The bait is the motel discounts, etc that they push, the hook is that they are nothing more than shills for insurance sales.

How they got their liberal stance, I guess it was just the way the organization morphed over the years.

I would'nt sell them my snot.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.