1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH Dammit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Rainy afternoon so spent a pleasant hour or so at the Mec 600jnr. Loaded 60 game shells and each of them was a work of art...even with a substitute primer. Belatedly found the data sheet and there is an amazing 3gr powder difference with the new primer...all those beautiful shells are 2gr over maximum listed load. Learn from my mistake and check data BEFORE substituting components. Kind Regards-Graham.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

2 grns wont be a big issue, maybe a little more recoil but if it bothers you, use garys cutter and dismantle them. Thats what it is for

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Share your recipe with us.

I bought a 20ga. 600jr on this site (garage sale) and haven't set it up yet.

All I have ever loaded is 12ga. with Red Dot or Promo with Fed. or CCI209M primers.

Looks like I will have to buy some different componets.

Regards.....Gerald

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Shoot 'em in your favorite pot shooting gun, say a Model 12 with an unmolested barrel for safety? After first shot, check for undue pressure signs like a super flat primer. I've not reloaded in years due to cost of lead, but that's one thing I do remember.

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

bite on a stick to kill the recoil pain and shoot them.

tony

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Call or email the powder manufacturer and see if it is safe. Alliant is great at answering questions.

If you are going to shoot them, please tell us where. So we can avoid a potential disaster.

7. Robb

Robb Member

Question is how many grains of what?

8. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

I was loading 28.5gr WSF-with winchester primer which (according to my data) is fine, with Federal primer data ends at 25.5gr...I couldn't believe it made such a difference. No, I won't be shooting them...still have all my own teeth and want to keep them in my head. Roll-on another wet Sunday to dismantle them. AAARRRGGGHH...what an idiot!! Cheers-Graham.