1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AAA class at state shoots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by midalake, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

OK part is my fault on an assult of some of the state shoots at being a little less than sub-par. It is time for the ATA to make it manditory to have AAA class at the State shoot level. I for one do NOT like going to an event of this size and getting waxed by AAA shooters. Also most AAA shooters do not like winning titles with AA behind them. Take for instance how many "big dogs" went to Indiana where there was ONLY AA class as opposed to Minnesota last week where there was an AAA class.??????? I know which shoot had the "bigdogs" there. We need to start getting better quality shoots at the state level, if we are going to attract new shooters. PS this is not all state programs some are good.............

GS

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Did you have your eye on one of those beautiful trophy's? Lol. sorry I couldn't help myself. No harm meant.

I agree, at the state level, that they should have AAA through D. But on the upside, think about how much $ the ITA saved on trophies!

ec90t

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

How about the Ohio State Shoot....the 2nd largest in the nation?? No AAA in singles or doubles !!! What's with that ??? Leo, Ricky, Kay, Nora, etc were all there !! No AAA !! That was like taking all the true AA guys and feeding them to the lions !! I think the OSTA should re-think their classifications for the state shoot. ..................Uncle Sam

4. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Just my opinion but not much difference in AA and AAA. Still have to break em all just to make the shootoff and only diff is an A.
    Chris

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I think you need at least 80 squads to justify Class AAA. Why bother with the added expense of extra trophies if only a handfull of shooters are eligible. This decision should be based on anticipated attendance and Not be mandatory.

6. grammie

grammie TS Member

Wait a minute here!!!!! As 'class' goes,,,there is very little differance between AA VS AAA!!!!

But there is indeed a differance between a AA shooter that has his average based on soft,little club targets,,,V.S. a AA shooter weaned on 10' 52 yd "tournament targets"!!! A BIG DIFFERANCE!!!!

If your club has been throwing soft targets and you are classified as AA as a result of it,,,,then you are NO MATCH for a real AA shooter!!!!

If you can't break'um all in AA,,,,then you have NO business in AA!!!!

If you are AA and you can't cut the mustard at the big shoots because the targets are hot,,in the air,,and man targets,,,then the fault is your own false classification and allowing yourself to be fed "lollypops" for the price of mandated "registered" targets at your home club so you can run 100 straights easier......

AKA Grammie...........

7. midalake

Grammie, it is just a thought on what SHOULD be at a state level shoot. It is also the same reason why I shy away from small local shoots where they just have an "A" class as high. I do not care to win that type of shoot [though many do]. If one is competing at the state shoot level and has got their target requirement. My guess is you have earned your classification. Even MORE so you can bet an AAA shooter has earned his or hers.

GS

8. motrap

motrap Member

Grammie ............. right on!

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I agree with grammie for once also but I see the difference between a AA shooter and the real AAA shooters that shoots day after day on the road as when they both go to a shoot off with a 200 straight because that is what it takes for an A up to AAA shooter to get in a shoot off but who do you think will win most of the time the AA, or the AAA shooter that is classed as a AA shooter.

I think the one that shoots day after day will win most of the time because the other regular AA shooter's don't get in a shoot off under the condition's that is usual like bad lighting even a lot of times the pro's are given special priveledges such as shooting later or before the dusky dark condition's, I know because I have been there before many years ago but did manage to prevail I just think if a week end shooter was to do as good as the top shooter then he should be able to shoot with them in a shoot off to start with instead of waiting to be put with them when it gets down to the nut cutting.

Foghorn

10. scott berry

scott berry TS Member

Unless it's their home state, All-Americans that show up to compete at a State shoot are competing for non-resident trophies in the Class Championships. So, you have to decide if their are enough true AAA in-state shooters to justify the added trophy expense at your respective State shoot.

I suspect that if you were to examine the in-state singles / doubles averages, the pool of shooters might not be all that big in some states.

11. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

At the Minnesota State Shoot, the cost difference (est.: $600) is covered by donations from three shooters, none of whom is affected by the change. The ATA will cover the ATA trophies.

So the fault, guys, lies where it happens . . . (not Vandalia) ...and the solution is likewise local. If you want it fixed, fix it; TS.com can't help you. So - what's your plan?

Neil

12. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

It really doesn't matter. If your AA or AAA, what are you going to do, not attend a shoot cause you don't like your chances in a shoot off? Shoot and quit whining. Relish the opportunity to beat the AAA guys. Really, how many here can break 200 straight every week? every other week? 25% of the time? Ever???

13. Neil Winston

For example, what will each of those advocating a change to mandatory AAA at all state shoots do to make it happen, beyond typing here for example. You have an annual meeting and the cost difference to the state is chump-change. Do you ask the state association why it's the way it is? If not - asking I mean - why not?

Will you:

Prove that it makes sense in your state?

Help cover the cost if the state BOD insists it's too costly?

Way more important - help cover the cost to states where it's not warranted? This could run into real money and you might find it better than to tell everyone else what to do clean up our own house instead. So maybe the place to start is at your state meeting rather than an ATA-wide fiat. Tell us what you said and what the response was, OK?

Neil

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

mida; again you are making noise about non-residents at State shoots and again nonsense. There were several pretty "Big Dogs" at the Ind. shoot, I don't think Ricky would want to be thought of as a nobody. Check the winners list and you will see that they got beat by AA and A shooters. Again spouting about what you do not know. Any time you want to wager I would put the "Big Dogs" that went to Ind. against the "Big Dogs" that went to MN.

Why don't you just be quiet and appreciate what you have. You are making a mighty poor impression with your anti-state posts. Most states probably don't care if you come or not.

Don

15. midalake

Why not mandate.........maybe not nessary for all events but how about the All-Around part of the program for the shoot. It seems like the few state shoots that have decided to go this route, have expanded their shoots???? With the turnout of more shooters. We all know the bulk of the shooters are in B and A class. With the two end spots D and AAA being the least. I am AA class, and it is the same reason in reverse I do not attend small shoots where the top catagory is A class. I just want to win my class. I think it is the same way for AAA shooters as well...........Extra cost your right........and also right on the sucessful clubs finding sponsors..........

GS

16. Neil Winston

It'll never work for All-around or HOA. Think about it. If there's no AAA, how does it show up for them on those events?

How did you deal with this, midalake, at your state meeting, in contrast to typing here? You did bring it up locally, I hope, instead of just saying everyone ATA-wide should be forced to do it. If you didn't, why not?

Don, you'd lose.

Neil

17. midalake

Well your right my state doesen't have it. Not even really bitchin about my state, but more about making a standard. You see in my state you have to join a click for like 50-75 dollars to vote..........I had to laugh. Wisconsin is the only other state I have lived in, you show up to the state shoot you vote........Nope not Michigan........you need to be part of the click. Again does not make a difference, I have not read any notes on meetings nor do I plan too .........looking for an ATA standard on this. If we wait for the states.........well at least the most progressive ones have changed.I fully feel though if the ATA felt this was the right move on the national level, WHY NOT the state.......

GS

18. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Midalake: I am not sure of your motives for the AAA class but I sure don't see a need for it at most State shoots including Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin. I'll bet you are one of those singles machines that has never been punched beyond the 23 yard line-you are not only a whiner you are an aimer!!!! I love these AAA/22/A know it alls. Never get involved, never volunteer, always know how to do everything. Get over it or get involved if you want something changed. The end, Guy.

19. midalake

Hate me, like me, I could really give a rats A$$. It is not about me though, no side agenda. What is good for the grand is good on the state level......let’s get uniformity....................Why don't you see a need??? Are you one of those newbie B 20yd B shooters that just put in enough targets a year so he can win his class at the state shoot???? And knows he will never to compete on top??? By the way, field Capitan of a 7 house club for 5 years and club president of a small trap and sporting clays club for 10 years. Now just shooter extraordinaire.........have a nice day..........

GS

20. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I think GS should start signing his name as BS!!! Either he is really proud to have a AAA average and wants everyone to know it or he can never win and blames it on having to shoot against the AAA guys. If you can't win AA class at Michigan, Indiana or Wisconsin then you are not going to win in a AAA system at the Grand or anywhere else. Break the 200 and finish the shootoffs and it doesn't matter what class you are in...have a nice day...The Duke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.