1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA Tracker in stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Jul 12, 2013.

1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you are looking to buy the new Winchester AA Trackers and can't find any, they got a large pallet of them at Sparta Walmart. They have both the black tracker and orange tracker. However, they are a bit pricey at $93.70/flat.

grntitan_2009_2503157.jpg

Sparta Walmart also has a large selection of AA's in stock at $74/flat. I counted at least 4 pallets of various AA loads and two pallets of Winchester Super Targets at $59.70/flat. The Sporting Goods Manager said these are stocked for the SCTP Championships and AIM Grand. There will be another huge load coming for the Grand.
    grntitan_2009_2503158.jpg

2. dpemberton

dpemberton TS Member

I didn't think that out of state visitors were allowed to purchase ammo in Illinois.

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where do you people come up with this mis-information? Do you really believe that all the out of state shooters at the Grand can't buy shells here? Really??

Illinois residents must have a FOID card for ammo purchases, out of staters can just buy it. Come to the Grand and have a good time. Harv

4. dpemberton

dpemberton TS Member

I tried to buy some .22lr at a Cabella's in Chicago and was told NO, even with an out of state CCW permit. This was back in May. Then on the way home, stopped in a Gander Mountain in Paducah, KY and was asked if I was from Ill. If I was from Ill, they could not sell me the ammo. Has things changed?

Just wanting to know before we arrive in Sparta.

5. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

You can purchase ammo from IL if you live in a bordering state. As far as purchasing ammo at the grand you will have no problems at all. Cabela's in Chicago? Only two cabelas close to Chicago one being an hour and a half north west the other an hour southeast in Indiana.

George.

6. dpemberton

dpemberton TS Member

Thanks, George.

We're bring ammo with us but you never know when you may need more. I've got parents asking question about this and just trying to find as many answers before we leave.

BTW, the Cabela's I went to is in Hoffman Estates just West of O'Hare airport (20 min drive).

7. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Yea, they are pretty picky up their. The one in Indiana usually doesn't ask any questions.

George.

8. tachyon

tachyon Member

I talked with the sporting good manager at the Sparta Walmart today. His answer about buying ammo was as follows:

Illinois resident must have FOID card.

Buyers from states next to Illinois (share a border) must have drivers license or other form of picture ID with proof of age.

Buyers from other states must have drivers license and some type of "proof" that they are in the state for to hunt (non resident hunting license) or there for a "competition". ATA card, NRA coaches card, registration receipt etc.

He said there is a lot of misinformation about who can and cannot buy ammo in Illinois. He also said Chicago was a whole different ball game as far as buying anything gun related.

9. hejumper

hejumper Member

Are these currently available via mail order? I tried Cabella's and Ballistic Products and they don't show any in stock. I'm sure they are not in stock in CA.
    Thx
    Larry

10. Avatar

I found AA Traacker shells in stock at Gander Mountain--email says my order has shipped. It will be interesting to see if these actually work...

11. hejumper

hejumper Member

They still have the #7 1/2 black avail. Out of all others.

I would be interested in any feedback from anyone who have used these.

Thx, Larry

12. chemist

chemist Member

Dicks in wilton ny has them at 10.95 a box. I called looking for # 9 and that was all they had. No one here in this area has # 9. Skeet shooters must be hoarding .

Search tags for this page

win aa tracker orange hull