1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA reloading query

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I snagged 50 new grey hcp hulls (I load STS green and gold) off the ground after our hcp league shoot yesterday and wonder;

Can I just stuff a fig 8 in these hulls and run them around the horn on my PW? NOt worried about being "safe", rrather wondering if any o you reloader typse are putting fig 8s in a AA case.

And just for fun, I missed one hull off theground and as I got to station 4 another guy thought he would do me a favor adn pu one I missed and toss it my way and hit me in the back of the leg. Had to think about that for a bit.

2. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear MIA,
    Been loading AA Greys for several years with Rem. Fig 8, 17.0 grains 700X and 1 1/8 shot in my PW. No changes to press with AA's or STS cases.AND I am shooting that TM-1 barrel that you sold me very well also!!
    Sincerely,
    Jet Boat Bill (in Upstate NY)

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

I make a crimp adjustment going from AA's to STS's - but I am anal.

Surely not worth doing for 50 hulls.

Don Verna

4. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Don't know about the PW, Jack but my MEC turns out nice AAs with Figure Eight and Clays powder.

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Jack, I reload newer AA hulls exclusively but I use Winchester wads which I believe the over powder cup is a little smaller in diameter to fit the separate base wad. I had trouble with TGT12 wads and had to use WAA12SL instead.

6. hammy11

hammy11 TS Member

Yes I am using AA hulls and the WAA12SL wads also with excellent results on my MEC 9000

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jack: you'll be fine. If you feel there is too big a hole at the crimp center, drop the pre-crimped down about an 1/8". Mark it with a pencil prior to dropping so you can simply raise it up again when you get back to the STS hulls.

They reload fine. I reload them with the AA wad, but I use the AA wad in all my hulls, save Federals.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.