1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA rebates??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Have any of you gotten a rebate back from Winchester? I sent in two a couple of months ago and havent heard anything yet...

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

If the shell Manufacture really cared they would lower the price a buck . But no they have a rebate then they spend money for someone else to do the rebate for them . All this after we pay the tax on the rebate . It just one more BS move by the manufacture .

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I got my $100 rebate from Winchester. It did take a couple of months. There was a place on the Winchester wed site that could be used to look up the status of the rebate.

ALF-99, Rebates are widely used promotions to stimulate sales. They are less expensive to the manufacturer than a direct price reduction.

Pat Ireland

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Alf...

Where do you live that you would have to pay tax on a rebate?

You bought a product with post tax dollars and now some gov't agency wants to tax the rebate? That sounds like trying to tax the distributions from a Roth IRA.

Curt

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

When you buy the shells you are paying sales tax on the amount of the rebate which you wouldn't be paying if the Manuf reduced the price of the shells instead of offering a rebate.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Still waiting for mine!!

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Checked my status on their website. They don't recognize me-oh well!!

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Winchester does not process the requests themselves. That is done by the clearing house that the request was mailed to. It may take several months before a request is received, verified and reported to Winchester for payment to be authorized. Mine took 2 months before it was even acknowledged on Winchester's web site.

Then I had a problem with my card reporting "no funds" when I tried to use it. Called the help number on the letter that came with the card. They gave me the direct number of the person in charge of the AA promotion. That person spoke directly with the merchant via my cell phone and corrected the problem immediately.

MK

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Pat That is only really good for the Manufacture . Does it help the shooter not as much as a buck off at the get-go . I wonder if it really helps Winchester and sales . I will not buy because of the rebates and the hoops they would have me Jumping through

Curt Sales Tax You pay on that dollar and never get back .

Why should I go around and around waiting for my money . If Winchester really was giving me a dollar back do it on the front and not the back .

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Pat's right... the manufacturers' "bean counters" know that a vast majority will not redeem rebates, so the "BIG" promotion costs them very little... Car manufacturers offered rebates primarily as a methodology to fund downpayments on new car purchases and leases... they could've done the same thing...

regards all,

Jay

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

ALF-99 Winchester, and others, offered the rebates as an effort to increase sales. Their objective was to help Winchester, not shooters. That is how business works.

Jay- Gift cards work in a similar manner. Many are not redeemed.

Pat Ireland

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Pat You think ??

13. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I got my $100 Winchester card a few weeks ago. I bought 5000 Rem RXP20's with it. I'm not complaining. Still haven't received my Remington card. Neil Swenson

14. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

A close friend just recieved a formal thank you from Winchester even though the website shows the following:

Ammount: $100.00
    Retailer: XXXXXXXXX

Your rebate has been received and processed. You will receive the rebate by US Mail shortly. Thank you.

I will post the comments from the letter as soon as I get it. I hope their just joking with me...

Better Luck Next Time,
    TNCoach

15. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I got that web site message a month to the day before my rebate card showed up.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.