1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA miles

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mcneeley5, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

What to do?? Use quick or hold?

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Company said will be fine...don't panic, they are not ceasing operations, just restructuring.

3. 87AA

87AA TS Member

I have 2 more trips planned this year which will put my redeemable account at 900k. I have not plans for an award ticket until 2013. Your miles will be safe through the restructuring. The only time they're at jeopardy is when operations cease.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I would use them. I say that because when I was flying alot I was a member of the clubs and racking up mileage. I belonged to the Eastern Airlines club - gone, then I started flying TWA - gone, then Delta, they are still around but somehow I didn't read the fine print and the miles disappeared.

I never got to cash frequent flyer miles in because I was saving them up for the big trip. Then they disappeared.

I would use them.

PS flew Pan Am a time or two, but don't remember if I joined their club, really doesn't matter though because they are also gone.

5. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

An article on FOX news said basicaly don't take the chance, they cited Pan AM, TWA etc. whom all started with restructering then takeovers happen eventually it ends up like Bisi says.

6. 87AA

87AA TS Member

Bisi,

Your Eastern miles disappeared because they shut down. Your TWA Aviator miles were converted, 1:1, for AAdvantage Miles when the merger took place. Your Delta Skymiles where not lost in the bankruptcy and most likely disappeared due to lack of activity within the given time frame (was 3 years and I believe now 18 month.

Again any AAvantage Miles will be safe through the restructuring.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

As a side note - I've got an Eastern Airlines dividend check written to me that bounced. Cashed it and the bank sent it back to me for insufficent funds. I guess that should of been a lesson for me, to stay away from the stock market. Dam, I sure wish I would have learned that lesson, but I didn't.

Hope American can make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.