1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA Lite loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by billn, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billn

billn Member

I have a friend tha found 8 lb of AA Lite that he didn't know he had. He is looking for a 7/8 oz load. I have looked and could not find anything in what I have listing the any loads for this. Where can I find it for him??? He said that the AA Lite is on the container, I haven't seen the powder, so I guess he is correct?

thanks,

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Hopefully that link will work, if not just go to Hodgdons reloading data, Winchester powders are under them now. Hint: go to the far right to start out with and click on powders, scroll down to AALite.

That powder is pretty new, I can't imagine him forgetting it already?

3. TN Larry

TN Larry TS Member

Are you sure it isn't SuperLite? I loved this powder. Like all good things, it is gone!

4. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I was thinking the same thing. Make sure what powder he's actually got. The WAALite listed on Hodgon's new website, is a brand new powder that just came out a couple months ago.

Michael

5. billn

billn Member

Thanks for all the help, I called Hodgdon's after looking at the Winchester site, no information there.

Hodgdon's said that the information on the AA Lite was not on the web yet, they are going to send me something in the mail on the bushing sizes and powder loading information.

6. billn

billn Member

Thanks for all the help, I called Hodgdon's after looking at the Winchester site, no information there.

Hodgdon's said that the information on the AA Lite was not on the web yet, they are going to send me something in the mail on the bushing sizes and powder loading information.

7. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Yes, the recipes for the new WAALite powder are on Hodgdon website.

Here's the 7/8 oz loads using all Winchester components:

7/8 oz. shot, 12.8 gr. WAALite, Win. 209, WAA12L wad, 5,500 PSI, 1050 fps

7/8 oz. shot, 13.6 gr. WAALite, Win. 209, WAA12L wad, 6,500 PSI, 1100 fps

7/8 oz. shot, 14.5 gr WAALite, Win. 209, WAA12L wad, 7,700 PSI, 1150 fps

Again, make sure what powder you have. I find it odd that your friend wouldn't be aware that he had 8 lbs of a BRAND NEW powder.

The new WAALite and the old Winchester Super Lite, and NOT the same powders.

Michael

8. billn

billn Member

What are the bushing size for the loades listed above, in the MEC or H366?

thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.