1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA Hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Travioli, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

Sat down last night and counted all of the AA hullsI had that were once fired. Grand total was 2500. How much could I get for them? Some people tellme .02 cents a piece and others say they are junk. I would like to get rid of them but I am not willing to ship I shoot at Pocono Slate Belt every weekend and I could meet someone there.

Travis

2. shotshow

shotshow TS Member

It depends if they are the older AA hulls or the new ones. THe new ones has a two piece shell with is not as good as the one piece compressed older hull

3. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

I am assuming they are the newer ones since I bought these this year

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I think the old 1 piece AA's were the bomb, but in reloading some last weekend, they had a "waxy" feel to the outside and did not eject from the last station cleanly (PW800+ with the long dies). It could be just they are like 25 years old (but probably fired once or twice), or they got hot sometime and I did not realize it. In the past, I thought AA's were the gold standard, but have moved on to the gold and green Remington hulls that I think are even better.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Travis- I sell once fired new style AA hulls for 3 cents each. I also traded 900 of them for a wash/wax job on my Explorer. The young shooter who entered into this barter with me indicated that he is again low on hulls and he noticed my yard is beginning to get covered with fallen leaves. I think his comment was the first step in another barter contract.

Pat Ireland

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Pat, How do you sleep at night? LOL

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

1200 AA new style shipped in 14x14x14 box shiped usps parcel post 70.00

8. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Twenty years ago when a AA hull hit the ground there was a near riot to pick it up.

NOW you see the new AA hulls literally rotting in the sun, along side the tons of Estates and promo Federals. How times change!

FN in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.