1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA & Ball Of Powder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

I decided to cut open a new aa x-lite target load to weight the components,shot was number 8 and around 6 pellets over what 1 oz by weight should weigh but is the powder correct in these shells , and what i mean is a rolled ball form/clump correct??? powder did weigh 16.5 grains

Bill
    [​IMG]

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Yup!! Lots of powders will clump like that when compressed by the wad. It will shoot just fine.

Jim.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Good powder does not clump. Shooting powder like that can give your gun indigestion. HMB

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

a little bit,and i mean a few grains was in the shot as well.

bill

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Its ball powder.... Except the fact that every shell you shoot will have a clump in it. OK to shoot.

6. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

I load solo 1000 powder and have had to dismantle a shell a time or two. never had any that "clumped". seems to me that it would take alot of wad pressure and a long period of time for powder to form that way unless it was damp. I am no expert on these matters but it sure looks like winchester/olin would look into this a little further. could be the cause of some of the barrels being destroyed buy their shells. Nipper if you do not feel safe shooting these then send them to me I will have them properly disposed of!

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

ill take the risk and shoot them,id hate for you to have to pay the haz. mat fee

bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.