1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

AA and remington hulls, help.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Garb72, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garb72

Garb72 TS Member

Are the gray AA hulls and the remington (nitro 27) hulls interchangeable?

Travis
  2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

interchangeable for what?
  3. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

NO, different manufacturer and different loading data. Consult a reloading manual.
  4. Garb72

Garb72 TS Member

I was wondering if I could use the same recipe for both types of hulls. Sounds like its a no go, thanks rufus80.
  5. Brady509

Brady509 Member

They are damn near the same. I load with a 9000G mec and have it set to load both the base wad is shallower on the AA hulls but its very little.. Other then that they are both tapered hulls so one wad works for both. I don't change my recipe at all 16.8 grains tite wad fiocchi primer and a cb0118 wad 1 1/8 of 7 1/2.

Ink'em

Brady
  6. tennman

tennman Member

They are very simular loads but as others have suggested, check your tables as there are some differences.
  7. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The short answer is yeah, but there are a couple of slight qualifications, dealing mostly whether you are trying to make a "1oz powder" into a 1200fps, handicap load.

If you don't try to push Clays, RD, 700x ... for caps, the hulls load the same, but some wads fit better than others. Duster and DR windjammers fit both equally well, where Fig-8 and 12L and SL seem to like one brand batter than the other.

The other caveat is that you'll like one color's crimps better than the other if you don't adjust your pre-crimp.

Bob
  8. Garb72

Garb72 TS Member

Thanks guys, I was told it didnt matter and to go ahead and load em up. Just wanted to hear from a few more people. I will load a few and go from there.
  9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I loaded them the same. I canned my Nitro 27s and greens as I did not like the static these hulls have. They did crimp good. Also heard they changed the hole size and I was having problem with the Win.209 primers seating. Would have to run most through twice on the first reload. I increased the spring pressure and the spring broke in a short time. I replaced the spring. What a hassle. I gave all remaining hulls away. I now only load old style AA s. Ray
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.