1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AA-27-AA pin requirements?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gavin, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

What are the requirements for the AA-27-AA pin WRT the minimum number of targets in each discipline?

Thank you

Gavin

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

for the 2007 target year, the numbers for men were 3,000 singles, 2,000 handicap, and 1,000 doubles. The average breakpoints match those in the ATA rules for Five Classes. That would be 97 in singles and 93 in doubles

3. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Gary's right, but I think you also need to have at least an 89 average on handicap? Or is it you couldn't have been offered a reduction in that target year?

4. Express

Express TS Member

What percentage of shooters do you think earned their pin? Pretty tough requirements.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

pretty tough for the normal working man to get that many targets in and hold the averages. especially up north where we have a short season. 30 singles events (unless you shoot a lot of 200 bird events)in 20 weekends, May thru Sept.

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Justin L.:

The requirements may have changed but the rule at one time was the shooter had to finish the target year on the 27 without turning down a reduction that would have taken him/her off the 27.

It is possible to have a reduction earlier in the target year and still qualify. Timing is critical.

Situation #1:

You are on the 27. Your scores are such that a reduction is offered just before the end of the target year. If you accept, your on the 26. If you turn it down, you stay on the 27 but either way you aren't eligible for the pin.

Situation #2:

Before the end of a target year, you earn your way to the 27. Maybe you've been there for years. Maybe you got there for the first time in the 'current' target year. Maybe you ratchet back and forth between the 26 and 27 every 1000 targets including (earlier) in the current target.

It doesn't matter. If you are on the 27 at the end of the target year and didn't turn down a reduction to stay there, you have met the 27 yard line requirement.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no minimum handicap average requirement.

_______

express asks an interesting question. Does anybody know how common or rare AA-27-AA pins are??

sissy

7. Kent

Kent TS Member

The ATA will only send you one the first year you qualify. Maintaining it is not awarded. The ATA Average book has listed the shooters for several years and it would seem that 50-70 names appear each year. I got mine the same year that I reached the 27 yard line. Even though I have not maintained a very good handicap average since then, they have not asked me to send it back.

8. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Thank you for the info.

Gavin

9. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Thank you for the info.

Gavin

10. Flench

Flench TS Member

I got mine last year. I was offered a reduction and turn it down. I then shot well enough to get a punch or two and ended up with an 88.99 Handicap average.

Doyal kirby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.