1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A400 Smurf Gun issues RESOLVED********

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Shoot it "wet" with Breakfree CLP and try not to use Federals. They really gunk up an autoloader in no time.

Jb

2. In Clay We Crush

In Clay We Crush TS Member

okay I will try that. My Teknys is a champ at shooting everything. But I will definitely try that.

and let you know

Thanks

3. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

I have shot everything through mine with no cycling issues. 3k rounds through not one jam. Sounds like mechanical issue. Assembly correct?

4. gunsnrods

gunsnrods Member

I have shot my A400 thousands of times...all reloads. Check the four holes in the mag cap or assembly of gun. Mine will shoot 7/8 oz reloads with 700x or Red Dot all day long. Ditto on the break in. I shot my first 100 rounds with 1 1/8...Green Dot trap loads. Mine is two years old with no malfuntions other than a bad reload....no powder!

Mine is a true "Smurf Gun"...even has papa Smurf sticker on the stock!

5. In Clay We Crush

UPDATE... assembly was/ is correct.

75 rounds 2.75. 3. 3.25

On the 2.75 bolt would not come back all the way and jam the second shell

On the 3 dram.....shell would eject....bolt stayed in battery with no rounds left in the gun

3.25 dram loads today.....bolt would not come back at all,,!!!!.....WTF....

She is on her way too Beretta too be fixed will let you all know what the out come is..

On a side note. The recoil is extremely managable . Much like my heavy 391 Teknys....it is a different feel and there is a difference in the loads in that regard. But I am very much looking forward too getting it back.

My A 400 Extreme is a work horse .....but I diffrent gas piston system completely.

6. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

They are hard to clean for some people too,if you put the piston in wrong and close the action they bend.Everyone is out of the pistons the last I heard and the gun may go out of production with all the problems they do have.You can make them run on heavier loads,but you start running 7/8 oz loads and they will quite cycling.

7. gunsnrods

gunsnrods Member

Wha? Hard to clean? Put the piston in wrong? Are we talking about an A400?

8. gunsnrods

gunsnrods Member

Wha? Hard to clean? Put the piston in wrong? Are we talking about an A400?

9. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

i run 1oz reloads at 1300 fps and Fiocchi crushers also 1 oz 1300 fps with no issues. Never tried 7/8 oz yet. Hope they fix it for you.

10. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

I've shot 500 RDS of 3\4 oz loads w no problem. Cycles just fine. Gun is a snap to clean, I have not heard of them having a lot of problems. This thread is the first

11. In Clay We Crush

So Beretta for the third time in as many guns. Got it back too me in 10 days!!!! I have always had good luck with their service.

They replaced the piston and ring. And the ticket from them states they adjusted the gas valve. Which I guess is where the spring is above the piston. They shot 30 rounds through it without a malfunction. Rio,STS,Federal,Fiocchi, 1 0z to 1/18 2.75 to 3 drams according too the ticket.

I finally got out today and shot it beside my A 400 extreme and Teknys........I shot 980fps feather lights Winchester 1145 Rios Remington Gun club Estate dove loads and Federal top gun. Poured all the shells out put handfuls in my pouch and went too work .

The gun cycled better than 99%. It like the Teknys would do later. Did not like the feather light shells. It made a valiant effort which is a testament to the blink/ gas system. But I suspect those shells are better suited for cowboy action shooting or something like that. I did not bother putting them in the extreme because I was curious to how they would shoot skeet doubles in the K80.

All an all. Beretta fixed the problem and I am happy. My opinion is still out on this gun simply from lack of shooting it. I think its unfair to give an honest opinion until at least a 1,000 rounds or so. And more than some low gun skeet shooting just too be fair. My second first impression...lol...Is it's no better or worse than the 391 's It's just different . My Teknys is weighted up and I have a good feel for its swing and recoil. If I NEVER shot one. This A 400 is a really easy too shoot semi for sure. It feels different for many reasons which may or may not be readily apparent too most of you. The only choke I used which it comes with three was the IC it ink balled targets on the skeet field. And when standing back at the ropes it hit them very hard.

In the end unless something dramatic happens I will probably shoot at some doves with it. And shoot some fun shoots with it. It's sooo hard too put down a K 80 that is fitted too you. And it's just apples to meatloaf in handling etc. I like attention however and the blue receiver I'm sure will bring me some. And for those who just can't get past it. Well that's a personal taste issue and too each his own.

12. In Clay We Crush

sorry I deleted the problems I had essentially it would NOT cycle ANYTHING..first time I edited
    a post sorry

Search tags for this page

berretta smerf gun

berretta smurf gun

papa smurf gun

smurf beretta