1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A400 sighting problem? Not Sure

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dsb, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsb

dsb Member

A400 parallel and when I have the gun mounted I see too much rib (like maybe 3/4 of it). I have not changed the shims yet. I shot 2 tourneys and shot a 90 and 95 then shot practice and shot a 97 with last 75 straight. I know I should change it to make the sight alignment right but the numbers are hard to look as worng. I have improved with this gun over my 101 by almost 8 more per 100.

Let me know what your thought as to what I need to do.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have it set up the way it should be. It's trap and you want
    the gun to shoot high. Seeing more of the rib is beneficial in another way, too. It gives you more to look at with your dominant eye, and there's less
    chance that your other eye will take over and throw off the shot.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. It's not alway a "big arse head," in my case it's just the eye-cheekbone relationship that's problem. Two solutions: an adjustable comb which will actually move lower than the original height. I got one from Tron like that. Otherwise, get out the sander.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.