1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A300 Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim75, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim75

Jim75 TS Member

I am looking at an A300 Trap. The gun has a parallel comb stock, 26 inch barrel and 2 collett type chokes-improved cyl. and mod.Does anyone know if I can still get parts for this lovely little gun as it will probably get shot a lot by a new eager shooter or should I point him to an 1100 or 1187? How different are the breakable parts from the 301-2-3 series? My experience is only with the care and feeding of 391's.
    Thanks for your help
    Jim

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

same parts for 3-1,302,303 and not to hard to find. The old style tubes it has may not be so easy to find but any AL2 through 303 barrel will fit

3. yellowjacket

yellowjacket TS Member

I can only coment about the 1100. They are very durable and you can count on them for years of trouble free service. The Rem. 1100 is such a simple design, there is just not much to go wrong. If something does finally wear out, parts are easy to come by they are such a easy fix you could probably replace the part yourself. Good luck with your choice. Jim

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

If you need a gun to function for only one shot the 1100 will do but if you need it for doubles,skeet,sporting or hunting buy the Beretta 300. The parts are not hard to get at all and it will last for years. You may want to find another barrel as the old choke system is about obsolete now. I have been shooting sporting for the last 15 years and have never seen an 1100 used just because of reliability issues. If they were reliable or durable someone would shoot one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
a300 good for trap
a300 parallel comb

a300 trap

trap barrel for a300
traps a300