1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A World Record In Trap Shooting That Cant Be Beat

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grnberetcj, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Now that's a great story and well suited for this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

Curt

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I've already seen two people break that score about 20 some years ago.

And no, it wasn't me.

Hauxfan!

3. FLIP

FLIP Member

i know of somebody that shot for the CYCLE!!!!!!!!.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.!!
    shot A 1 on post one A 2on2 3on 3 4on4 and a 5 on post 5 yep he shot for the cycle!! i will never let him forget it

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

A Hall of Fame enshrinee, who shall go unnamed, once broke the first 100 in the Clay Target at Vandalia and a 64 in the second hundred. After celebrating it's sometimes tough to know which of the two targets to go after.

I missed four on a post once and ended the event with a 96,

5. FLIP

FLIP Member

well now that we are telling stories has anbody shot for the cycle???

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Well, I checked the story on SNOPES and......

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hey, i think i may be able to go after this one. This is right up my alley.

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

A few years back at the Owatonna gun club, a young shooter broke 1x100 in the singles...but improved to 2x100 in the handicap.

3x200. *ouch*

9. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

The old saying is you have not shot your lowest score yet.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

That's a record that can only be equaled but not beaten.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Trapboy 1957 - First Grand with my dad in 1941. I got my 55 year patch in 1996 - pictured in the Grand issue of T&F that year.

Of course I missed a few years in between but I wanted the patch to irritate my shooting friend who didn't miss a Grand from 1962 to 2007, is a past president of the ATA, past chairman of the central handicap committee and Hall of Fame enshrine. He's 88 now. I should give the patch to him since it's one of the few ATA awards and honors he hasn't qualified for on his own. He and I visited at an annual shoot we both attend, just last month.

12. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

About 30 years ago I shot with a guy who had a new gun. He broke 2 on the 1st trap and then went 75 straight. (losses). Larry Evans

13. claybuster60

claybuster60 TS Member

I can remember an ATA registered event in which I participated while I lived in Texas. The event was conducted at the National Gun Club in San Antonio. It was a 200 bird event. The first hundred started out slow as I missed my very first target out. With a great deal of determination, I hunkered down and started to smoke them. That is until the last station on the 4th trap - I dropped the last bird ending with a 98. (must have picked up my head) The second hundred started out well as I went 25x25 on the first station. the second station proved to be disappointing as I lost the 50th bird out of the house for 24x25. A bismal start to the third station found I missed the first target for another 24x25. The last station was more pleasing as I swept it with a 25x25 providing another 98 for the event and a grand total of 96. Needless to say I was a bit bummed out thinking "96, huh that ain't gonna win anything". To my surprise, I won the event. So recapping I missed my first target; run 98 and miss my last target on the first 100 for a 98. The second hundred I run 49, drop the 50th and 51st targets and end up with another 98. What a day that was!

Billy P

14. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Come on Lit, tell the truth, it was many more than a few years ago, it was your 1st 2 registered rounds. Doubles Boy told me.

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I wuz tryin' to give that record a run for it's money the way I wuz shootin' handicap on Sunday.....UGLY!!!!!

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I ran the first 50 from the 27 with my Space Gun. Then a 17 on the third trap, then a whopping 12 on the last trap. Ask me how I did it? I have no idea, but I sold the gun the next week...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.