1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

a word to the wise

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slayer, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I know that there ae plenty of people on this site that imbibe a little after a hard days shooting. Please be aware that john law is out there on the way home. Someone VERY close to me is going through a very difficult time because of having one to many and then hitting the road. Wait until you get home before getting serious about the drinks. You can really look silly having your wife drive you everywhere. Not to mention that new gun going down the drain in lawyer and court costs. But it could have been worse: he could have injured or killed someone on the road. Not a pleasant topic but sometimes reality sucks. Bill Wheeler

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good thought Bill. Bulge.

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

DUI while carrying guns in the car(unloaded) = jail time and/or confiscation. Be careful.

blade819

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Does the short time in jail really matter, 60, 180, or even a year is nothing compared to the civil liability involved.

5. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Very good point and well taken. Thank you.

6. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Damn Bill, you better give up the sauce.

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

ttt because we can all use a little good advice! Bill

8. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I am a retired LEO and I spent 14 years on the DUI Task Force. I can honestly say that in all my time in the Task Force, I NEVER came across a shooter that was drunk coming home from a shoot or practice. I am sure there are some that are under the influence on those occasions, but I believe they are few and far between. Now there were many times that gang bangers, thugs and the like were drunk and carrying guns, and I truly enjoyed hitting them hard where the guns were concerned.

Thankfully MOST, not all, but MOST Trapshooters use common sense when it comes to imbibing while carrying their trap guns.

Great advise in the original posters post.

Oscar

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Good advice

DUI's seem to have become a source of revenue for some local governments, it Texas they say one will end up costing you $20-25,000, that's a high priced drink

Get the wife to drive

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

When two drunk to walk you must drive! CALL A CAB!
    jOE

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a friend that is an alcoholic and also a millionaire. He seems to think that if he gets caught he can buy his way out. He has no thought of hitting someone else. I threatened him with calling the sheriff if I see him drinking and driving. His response was it's only five miles to my house. He just doesn't get it. Jackie B.

12. 87AA

87AA TS Member

Good advice. It really isn't worth the headache to yourself or the pain you might cause someone else.

I no longer have to worry about it as I haven't had a drop in almost 2 years (next month). Not that I had a problem, I just kept seeing shotgun shells and target fees every time I took a swig. Damn 12-packs start adding up.

13. pdq

pdq Member

I'm on an adjudication board for my company. If we are hiring someone and they have an arrest record, it goes before the board. In years past a DUI wasn't considered a big deal -- now it has the potential of you not getting the job.

Lots of reasons not to drink then drive. That's why instead I take a fistful of percosets and smoke some crack cocaine. Just kidding. :)))

Pete

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You don't even need to be drunk to have a problem with today's low BAC limits. A couple of beers on an empty stomach could put you over the legal limit....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.