1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A way to save America

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolared person, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

The reason there is so much suffering in this world is due to non belief.This was a Country blessed by God. We have been blowing it and turning away from him.We have to start believing again and start praying for the healing of this great Country. Friends- we are on the ropes. We do not have much time.God will save us but we must prove to Him that we deserveit. Get to church. Get on your Knees. Tell your friends . Pray that our leaders make the right decisions. Our freedom depends upon it!

2. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

I agree with you except for the church part. I feel churches are still a part of the political process. Have the church leaders taken the church into the world, or the world into the church? The church needs to get away from politics, let their tax free status go, so the government has no hold on them, and preach the Bible and not MONEY. Michael

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

kolared person: i think you should read "The Blind Watchmaker", you need to be enlightened.

4. JCS

JCS TS Member

He needs Prozac, not more reading

"trying to get enlightened" is what screwed him up in the first place .

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Sgt. Mike I can't speak for all the churches, but the one I attend and a couple I visit regularly have absolutely no political agenda. Political discussion has no place in The Lord's House, and I really do not believe it to be the norm as you suggest. Possibly in some churches that have been brought to light in the last month or two, they however are more radically political than church like with a definite agenda. A nation that turns it's back on God will not stand. J.Woolsey

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

This country doesn't have a problem with being godless, it has a problem with abdicating responsibility for its actions to its gods. "God will do this if we ask." "God has a plan if we pray" "God will save us if we behave"

Any god that demands tribute and worship in exchange for favors is no better than any of the petty dictators in a dozen third world countries.

Your gods lead you into this mess if they're in control like you say they are. What makes you imagine that they will get you out of it for just a few kid words?

Mac

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, the problem is due to forsaking God.

Our leaders have been Godless for some time, this includes The Congress and the Judicial branch along with the Executive. Lip service only.

The last 3 decades have, with a few notable exceptions been full of self serving greedheads on a quest for power and money at the expense of their souls and the well being of the whole country.

It isn't the people who need to be God fearing, it's the governing class.

Fat chance.

HM

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Irregardless of your belief in, or not of a living God, can you not agree that simply living by the 10 commandments would serve to change this country for the better. I certainly believe it. And yes HM it would help if we were to elect our governing class based on morality and statesmanship. Nearly total lack of morals and I can't think of any statesmen in office at present. Sad. J.Woolsey

9. shot410ga

J.Woolsey: No such word as "Irregardless." Just so you won't make that error in the future.

10. JCS

JCS TS Member

halfmile, how can you say our leaders have been Godless for some time ?

I distincly remember Clinton running to Church every Sunday, with a Bible under his armpit .And receiving "Spiritual Guidance " from the Reverend Jesse Jackoff .

How much more God fearing can a leader get ?

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

J.Woolsey, you are correct in that there should be a well-defined line between church and state, but historically this has not been the case.

Mac v: "Any god that demands tribute and worship in exchange for favors is no better...". IMHO, one should not ask God for favors. I believe that we should ask for guidance in dealing with what is given us...whether God gives us gifts, or allows us to experience hardships. I've seen too many people pray for a better ________________ (fill in the blank), and truly believe that if they ask for it, God will grant it. If one asks humbly for something for SOMEONE ELSE, which is very unselfish, that is a different type of request. I think people have it wrong in what they ask for and what they expect to receive in return. God wants your devotion, but not in exchange for favors, and I think many of us need to realize that.

But again, this is just my humble opinion. Each person will believe and worship in their own manner using their own judgement.

I see many, many ills (besides selfishness) in this world, but I am not the judge. And I make many of my own mistakes...

12. halfmile

The Founding Fathers Were God-fearing men and sought His guidance at every turn.

Slick Willy got his guidance from a heat seeking muscle.

HM

13. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Shot410ga, before you start posting what is, or is not. I suggest you look on page 586 of Websters New College Dictionary at the word between irrefutable and irregular. Afterward, come back and tell us all what it was. J.Woolsey

14. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less
    Pronunciation: \?ir-i-?gärd-l?s\
    Function: adverb
    Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
    Date: circa 1912
    nonstandard : regardless
    usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

15. nipper

nipper TS Member

What really amazes me is the minority churches where the pastor actually tells members who to vote for and im sure they follow suit, without knowing the politicans agenda or stance on anything.

Bill

16. uplate

uplate TS Member

So, to be a strong and enduring nation the citizens must be god loving,god
    fearing christians. Then god will intervene in world events and allow the
    "right" country to prevail in a conflict. We are turning away from god and
    will be overrun by a foreign power some of you say? Presumably a stalwart
    christian nation if that is what it takes to dominate in world events. I guess
    I didn't realize that mexico was such a god blessed christian nation. Learn
    something new every day.

17. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

I would love to see an American President take one Sunday off, sitting on the rear porch of the White House in his shorts, unshaven reading a paper, not go to church, a few empty bear cans on the floor & petting his dog----I'll vote for that man --a real American----Phil

18. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

I agree with Kolared person. We're seeing what happens to a nation as it begins to take God out of everything and turn it's back on him. Really goes well doesn't it? The church I attend is all about the word and that's it. If you want a listen google WMBI radio and listen to walk in the word at 1:00 PM central time. Mike.

19. halfmile

uplate, God fearing, God loving Christians prosper because their belief system creates people with strong work ethics and good moral values.

This in turn makes for a society with a lot less bribery, theft, and violence. It needs to return to America.

NOt too hard to figure out. Can't say the same for Islam.

HM

20. shot410ga

J.Woolsey: You must be afraid of reading. I didn't suggest a a thing other than reading a book. Try it, you may find something of value in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.