1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Very Good Read

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by SirMissalott, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Dr. Adrian Rogers

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

So true

3. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

I Concur

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The silence from the looney leftists is deafening.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Here, Here! (Hands clapping)

6. dalog

dalog Member

Amen!

7. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Midalake, Midalake,??? MIDALAKE! Wake up, people be talkin bout you!

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I certainly agree with the sentiment, but you discount the effect that the bloated executive salaries have upon the working class... Those big exec salaries will haunt republican elections for a long time.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The progressives push the idea that ALL CEO's make super big bucks, when in reality it is limited to the top 1000 or so companies. A CEO at that level requires not only business knowledge, but international and domestic contacts, excessive business travel, political contacts, and basically giving your life to the company. It means personal sacrifice for both the CEO and his family.

The competition for these people is fierce at that level, as not many have the drive, or devoted their early life to establishing contacts and experience.

Not many are trapshooters.

They may make a lot of money, but many don't have a normal life or good health.

There is a book written by a past CEO of an international manufacturing company. He describes his life and how he got there, and the sacrifices he and his family made. I'll see if I can find it. Good Read.

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The agenda stopped being about liberty decades ago. The agenda starting with LBJ and the great society has been and is about control. About bringing the American people under the total control of a dictatorial government. I'm amazed at how much the American people have accepted and applauded this effort. We wave our stupid little flags while we give most of what we earn to the government and are watched on camera at every street corner. We applaud every new law passed by the radical environmentalist pukes that limit our options. In California we even voted for more taxes and more leftist driven agenda in our schools. It's only a matter of time now.

11. SBray

SBray Active Member

I live in the land of make believe, the state of California!

Today, I heard on the radio, that they are about to begin issuing free cell phones to the homeless, because they need to be able to talk with others. It is apparently stifling their emotional development being isolated as such.

On top of that they feel it is a good idea that the homeless should be able to adopt animals from the shelters. To be able to do that, they will be issued an allowance to take care of their new pets.

I am trying to figure out how anyone can be so lame as to believe these are good ideas.

They spent three years drafting this cell phone idea.

Just from a realistic approach, I wonder where they are going to plug the chargers in for these new phones we are about to pay for.

Steve

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

YOu will be required to put outside outlets on your house.

HM

13. SBray

SBray Active Member

I have since read that the free phone program is from our spend happy feds. Of course it is well received in California, the state that accounts for highest welfare rolls.

The cellular phone company representative said that having a cell phone is not considered a luxury anymore.

I find it really sad that our country has gotten to this point where so many people sit around on their butts expecting the government to provide for their every want and needs.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.